Imperial Shuttle Tydirium

I think I figured out the easiest way to paint this.

I put on a coat of Plastikote black sandable primer, lacquer (I've tried several combinations of rattle can primers, and the lacquers seem to work the best)
anyway, black primer on first, like 3 coats. Then, Plastikote white sandable primer over that, one wet coat only, not a dust coat.

It gives you a nice super light grey with dark undertones.

ty_build_21.jpg

Then for the weathering detail, use a light cream color for some earth tones sprayed into the deeper recesses , with super thinned black for the darker weathering.

ty_build_20.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! :confused

I just got caught up on this thread...what a buitifull kit! so much expert work and collaboration has gone into this. :love

I never thought I wanted an SS Imperial Shuttle in my collection...but I am begining to change my mind..
...now if I could only find some shelf space.....

Yeah, Mike did up an engineered hinge.. I had them laser cut into 1/4 acyrlic.. 6 per kit.... Ive started the molding process on this beast and the upgrade parts will arrive tomorrow... will post pics...

Steve

Guys,

here are some new shots with the new hull bottom pattern...

384172912.jpg

384172927.jpg

384172940.jpg

384172957.jpg

Most of the pieces will be cast separate for the folks that want to upgrade Rel's kit.

Here are pictures of some of the molds under way...

384172962.jpg

384172963.jpg

384172980.jpg

oops there are some Aliens dropship in there too!

Thanks for looking...

Steve

I can say when you get to add parts to master that is so well built like this one was... (Vos is the man) its super easy! Just had to move a few things to get the kitparts to fit. She will be scuba diving in RTV very soon.

Steve

Nicely done Steve. I'm so glad that between Julien and yourself the missing parts were found and almost just fell into place. :thumbsup

Neil

Neil,

Your right... this forum has so many talented folks, Julien was a champ tohelp guide the kitpart effort! I will say your master was almost mm size accurate for the parts to drop in.. it is solid cobstruction and am priveliged to get to kit her...

Steve

ps boxing first shipping for yout today..

Glad to help !

Neil did an awesome job on the master and the last parts added on it make it totaly accurate, very nice job Neil and Steve !

So what's the kit for those red circled parts ?

2974758.jpeg

Would love to know as it's the last kit Im looking for !

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back