Imperial Shuttle Tydirium

Hey, thanks guys.

REL very kindly uploaded a load of great reference for me and I have realised that wanting to complete this model as quickly as I do just isn't realistic. I am going to have to dedicate more time to this. Some late nights are in order. I have noticed that the panels on my wings are too thick. I'm going to have to live with that until after my show.

Anyway, I made a section of the body this afternoon. The vacforming patterns are polyurethane foam. I used 1.5mm styrene:

23.jpg

Here it is primed and double-sided to the dorsal wing.

25.jpg

26.jpg

24.jpg

I don't suppose anyone has a koolshade off-cut they want to sell ;-)

N

Last edited by a moderator:
Neil,

I've got a sheet of A4 sized Koolshade. I'd be happy to donate it to your excellent project. :)
PM me your address and I'll get it shipped off on Monday.

Cheers,

Chris

I don't suppose anyone has this kind of talent, skill and awesomness they'd like to donate to me ;-)

Had to try :)>

Way to go, Chris! And keep up the fantastic work (and pics), Vos!!!

Glad to help. This is just indescribably beautiful! I hope this will find it's way into a kit, I'll trade you a Slave 1 kit for it LOL.

Once again, fantastic work, your work is so clean and precise.

Hi guys. Thanks a lot. I did a little bit more on it today.

The structure for the main body has been laser cut. It will be held together with 19.1mm (don't ask!) brass tubing:

7124576.jpeg

...as have the parts for the wing mech. I dropped these into rubber just before I left to come home for the day. I'll be casting them up tomorrow and joining them to the side wings:

7257928.jpeg

Cheers

Neil

BRAVO !!!!

I had to say it. It is just...

AMAZING!!!!

Now i have to say something in Spanish.

Bravo !! Que pasada !!!

I love it

Alfredo

Glad to help. This is just indescribably beautiful! I hope this will find it's way into a kit, I'll trade you a Slave 1 kit for it LOL.

Once again, fantastic work, your work is so clean and precise.
I am with rel ... a kit would be great.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back