ROTJ Vader light saber

The blue and white look almost 14 gauge to me.
Also, as Roy mentioned, the rust? They certainly wouldn't have weathered the saber on purpose for filming, right? I mean, what would the purpose of that be when we never really see Vader's hero up close on screen. Plus, Vader takes care of his stuff, doesn't he? Always upgrading helmets and whatnot.

Ah thanks...but the ESB/ROTJ sword had no lever on this side...only the ANH one? I´m no lightsaberexpert so sorry! ;)

So the question is...was a lever on the side or not from the beginning? If so I could build one on the side of my saber. If not I need a replica of the screw to glue it on my saber on this side.

There was a lever on the ANH ... as seen here on the V2 :

But on the V1 it broke of and was re-attached with glue and a nail :

Also the ANH MPP had 7 grips like Luke's ANH ... ESB/ROTJ only had 6 grips :)

Chaim

Did any one see the tv program called how star wars changed the world on the 11th of dec 2015? This saber was on there, with Stephen Lane from the prop store

flash one: haven't seen it yet, do you have a youtube link? (PS welcome to RPF :) )

BTW anyone added black screws to their grips to match this saber?

Does anyone have a photo or timestamp for where this saber appears on-screen in ROTJ? I've watched the movie too many times to even estimate and don't recall ever seeing a saber on Vader's belt/costume at all from start to end.

Here are some screenshots. You can never have too much reference.

Screen Shot 2016-05-10 at 1.01.49 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-10 at 12.59.34 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-10 at 1.02.09 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-10 at 1.03.09 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-10 at 1.03.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-10 at 1.03.45 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-10 at 1.04.34 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-10 at 1.05.13 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-10 at 1.05.23 AM.png

Funny to see a top end art department still used slotted screws 1983.

It's the UK - they probably still use slotted screws today. But that's not that silly. Phillips head is still the most common in the US for everything and that's almost as silly when the superior Robertson has been around for so long.

It's the UK - they probably still use slotted screws today. But that's not that silly. Phillips head is still the most common in the US for everything and that's almost as silly when the superior Robertson has been around for so long.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against slotted screws. I'm thinking more about people using hundreds of dollars on an original graflex to get their light-sabres screen exact, and then round them off with hex.screws...

Thanks for the great reference shots! It must be quite incredible to be the owner of this piece.
I'm really surprised about the thin blue and white wires! Especially compared to the much thicker brown and grey wires on the other side.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back