Judge Minty- Judge Dredd world Fan Film Thread, Test Video link!!

Re: Judge Minty- Judge Dredd world Fan Film Thread, Updated 8th May '08

Cheers !
its a great little project to work on, almost a childhood dream.
Nick- Ever been to HR Owen in Acton ? they had about 7 Lambos in the front.
;-)

Re: Judge Minty- Judge Dredd world Fan Film Thread, Updated 8th May '08

Here is a shot of the Costume (currently), missing its pads which were being made ready for molding at the time.....few tweaks but shows the direction we are taking !
MintyTESTDesktop.jpg

Re: Judge Minty- Judge Dredd world Fan Film Thread, Sneak Costume peak added !

Have had plenty of dealings with HR Owen...invited me to come and drive some Gallardo's at Milbrook!!...what a laugh...anyway I love the picture..gloves are spot on...helmet fits great (is it one of Wake's?)...really looking great so far!(y)thumbsup

Stomm! Those gloves really look like real equipment, not "costume-y". Well done!

Dan, this project looks incredible.... I grew up worshipping every 2000AD, and Judge dredd comic I got my little digits on in the 80's. THIS is the first replica Helmet that just screams the original to me (Im a raging Bolland fan)

Cheers,:thumbsup
Col

Last edited:

Now see, this is what Judge Dredd SHOULD have looked like. LOVE the bike!!

Why is it that the die hard fans can do a better job much of the time than Hollywood can ever hope to do with all their millions??

Well done, my friend!!
-B89! :D

Yes! This is what a Judge looks like (but minus the unshaven gristle). Awesome!

Thanks SO much for the comments. It means alot to me/us to be able to please life long fans who wont compromise their opinions !!!

The helmet is NOT one of Wakes helmet, everything here so far is purely 100% built for this project....;-)

I have you know I didnt shave for three whole days to get a bit 'meaner' for the part. We tried real hard to get an actor to pose for the role but were unable to book anyone for that weekend who lived locally, and was available ( Minty is in his 50's).

I have seen a 10 sec clip of a movie test - you like this shot, wait till you see some of our film tests!

Also, I have finished the sculpts of the shoulder eagle and pad- you'll like them too, I hope!!

D

Thanks SO much for the comments. It means alot to me/us to be able to please life long fans who wont compromise their opinions !!!

The helmet is NOT one of Wakes helmet, everything here so far is purely 100% built for this project....;-)

I have you know I didnt shave for three whole days to get a bit 'meaner' for the part. We tried real hard to get an actor to pose for the role but were unable to book anyone for that weekend who lived locally, and was available ( Minty is in his 50's).

I have seen a 10 sec clip of a movie test - you like this shot, wait till you see some of our film tests!

Also, I have finished the sculpts of the shoulder eagle and pad- you'll like them too, I hope!!

D
Don't tease us like that! Post the clips NOOOOWWWWW!!!:D
Or as soon as possible, thanks:)
:lol

EXCELLENT! THIS is how the film SHOULD have looked!
GREAT STUFF!

:eek:thumbsup:thumbsup

I'm a massive Bolland fan...I worked for Titan Books for many years repairing artwork etc...I can't tell you how much Bolland stuff passed through my hands....I love what you are doing...I think you might need to do a run of armour etc...you know to finance the film!!!(y)thumbsup

Re: Judge Minty- Fan Film Thread, TEASER PIC UPDATE

Just a quick update on this !
Currently putting a basic costume together for a UK comic Con in Bristol, which wont be the final filmed version but something to use for now..........
In the meantime, here is a little screensaver we shot ....
D

MintyDesktop.jpg
That is beautiful Dan, and subsequently is now MY desktop. :love

Looking superb. Looks like you've gone with the movie version Lawgiver - didn't I see a comic version amongst your excellent work at Monster Mash? I wondered if you were tempted to go for a variation of that.

IMO, the helmet looks better than the ones in the film, which ended up looking a bit silly. I can't help wondering if the shield colour needs some adaptation to make it look more real world, either making it more metallic or more neutral?

Hey!
great comment, keep em coming !
I want to weather the helmet, so the badge will look more aged and worn in...
Monster Mash- you were there? You know its on You Tube now- with me interviewed?
Yes, I DO have a MK1 , its not bad, but its a hard blaster to make look 'right' as the MK1 has a round dial in an oval housing, which looks, frankly, wrong ??
looking for permission to upload a video test, watch this space ;-)

IMG_1183.jpg

mk1a.jpg

An old pic of my scratch 'Movie' Version, and scratch built comic MK1, which was Bolland based,and had a removable top magazine clip.
I have now remade the MK1 more generic to the comic styles, however.

The MK2 (ie the one in Minty) is now adopted in the modern 2000ad Dredd world, and came about partly because of the updated gun design used in the movie.
The movie version isnt really a MK anything, as in the 2000ad world, its not really recognised as such.
Cheers !!!
D

Last edited:

I want to weather the helmet, so the badge will look more aged and worn in...
Sounds perfect!

Monster Mash- you were there? You know its on You Tube now- with me interviewed?
Yes, I was there but I hadn't seen the YouTube film. Cool to watch it now - reminds me what a great day we had. Nice to see The Eel getting special attention, that was a real stand-out short film (don't know if you had the opportunity to watch the films downstairs?).

Yes, I DO have a MK1 , its not bad, but its a hard blaster to make look 'right' as the MK1 has a round dial in an oval housing, which looks, frankly, wrong ??
True. It's always going to be a challenge adapting comic designs to look real. The Lawgiver is such an iconic weapon that I'd love to see it done with the minimum of tweaks. I think you're right, the analogue dial is the toughest part of the design to pull off in lots of ways - and the curved LED display is a good real-world compromise. You need to stay true to the feel and soul of the design, but bring it into reality. Looks like you've approached the Lawmaster in exactly that way.

Your MK1 pics a couple of posts back don't seem to be showing for me at the moment.

pics should now work- yes the eel was brilliant, and the other film of the guy falling from the building- those last shots were just incredible FX.
D

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back