LOTR Collections...?

After all I have one case left in my IKEA display for presenting my LOTR stuff...

So anyone good ideas for presenting the stuff, with some decorations?

I have sting and scabbart, a small elvish map, the ring and isildurs scroll... Now Im searching for good ways to display it... I was very inspired by Montagars display. I thought an apple, ink with feather, a pipe, an old bottle or something like this would look cool...

Any ideas?

I have a Sting and Scabbard that I want to fit in my case too... and its a close fit with those alone!

I'm thinking with mine, to have some green fabric on the bottom, with a map and other small stuff, and the sword and scabbard going diagonally.

After all I have one case left in my IKEA display for presenting my LOTR stuff...

So anyone good ideas for presenting the stuff, with some decorations?

I have sting and scabbart, a small elvish map, the ring and isildurs scroll... Now Im searching for good ways to display it... I was very inspired by Montagars display. I thought an apple, ink with feather, a pipe, an old bottle or something like this would look cool...

Any ideas?

Here is what I did with a Detlof.

attachment.php

Attachments

• lotr-display-cr.jpg
    lotr-display-cr.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 13,539
Yeah that looks very cool... I tried to get some stuff, but its not that easy...

A feather like this is impossbile to get fpr cheap money (I only need the feather, not a real one for writing).

The problem is: You have the Book of Westmarch, where you can present Sting that way, I have nothing to display Sting that high...

I also tried to get an old bottle but not so easy. Findinf stuff is only possible if you dont need it right now...

Maybe Bilbos pipe is an alternative, too...

I will see what I can do...

Yeah that looks very cool... I tried to get some stuff, but its not that easy...

A feather like this is impossbile to get fpr cheap money (I only need the feather, not a real one for writing).

The problem is: You have the Book of Westmarch, where you can present Sting that way, I have nothing to display Sting that high...

I also tried to get an old bottle but not so easy. Findinf stuff is only possible if you dont need it right now...

Maybe Bilbos pipe is an alternative, too...

I will see what I can do...
Trying going to a used book store and look for an old looking large book that you can use at the back of the case to raise up Sting. I also went to a craft store to find the extra "bits" that are in the display.

If I had the money, I would purchase the book from magnoli, too... It should have something to do with LOTR anyway.

I will make some old documents, too... MAybe I can work out something...

I only had the sword and the ring but I had my friend frame them up with all my auto's. The piece ended up being around 3 1/2' x 4 1/2'

I wanted the left page to be all text to show off the amazing writing, and the right page to have a drawing on it (but not a drawing that was so large as to dominate the entire page). It also needed to be in the middle of the book so that it would balance properly. I also wanted an image that was in the middle of the page so as to draw your attention into the display, much like the One Ring, and red drawing of Smaug on the map.

Out of the sections that fulfilled the criteria above, I then chose the Black Gate as that was the location of the final battle of good versus evil (even though the outcome was ultimately determined by events elsewhere ;))...

...no doubt some major over thinking on my part. :D

Wow... I thought it would have been more haphazard than that. Most people just pick their favorite illustration. I never liked the Black Gate drawing, but I like the thought that went into your display, and it is certainly very nice, so I'll let it slide. ;)

Here is my Detlof LOTR display that contains the following:

UC Museum Collection Sting
UC Sting Scabbard
Jens Hansen One Ring
Jens Hansen One Ring Chain
The Red Book of Westmarch
Thror's Map
Elven Fellowship Brooch
Bilbo's Inkwell
Bilbo's Quill Pen
Frodo's Quill Pen
Sam's Quill Pen
Assorted Hobbit style stuff

attachment.php

I also have (working on larger displays for some of this stuff):

UC Museum Collection Glamdring
UC Blue Glamdring Scabbard
UC White Glamdring Scabbard
UC Shards of Narsil
UC Anduril
UC Anduril Scabbard
UC Gimli's Helm
UC Gimli's Walking Axe
UC Gimli's Battle Axe
UC Sword of Strider
UC Strider Scabbard w/knife
UC Strider's Elven Knife
UC Staff of Gandalf The White
UC Second Age Gondorian Shield & Banner
MR The One Ring of Sauron LE (severed finger with FX ring)
MR FX Sting

This is perhaps the MOST BEAUTIFUL display I've ever laid eyes on.

I see that you have added the Deed of Contract, the key to Erebor, and Thorin's ring from The Hobbit. :thumbsup

I always liked your display as it really looks like what would be covering one of Bilbo's tables (I am also jealous of your "Sam's Shire salt box"). :)

Hey Nice collection can you tell me whats the name of the on in the midle of Gandald staff and argorns Narsil sword Silver and black Rohan sword sword with Rohans horse logo thank and Nice collection Btw:D

At the moment I'm working on my LOTR display. Got 4 small displays, which are Hobbit-themed. Of course, I don't want to show just Hobbit stuff, so I thought maybe I can put something different in the last 3 displays... First my idea was Aragorn, so I took a Eregion and Gondor map (for decoration) and thought maybe his elven knife, his ring and Arwens evenstar would make a good picture. But I think it is too less... I could add Isildur's scroll, but I already have one at my wall... Elessars crown would be awesome, but really expensive...

2nd display: Don't know, maybe Boromir?!? I love the horn, and that would look awesome in my room, but next to a Gondor map I have no idea what I can put into it...

3rd display: No idea...

So anyone has some great ideas? Some stuff would look cool, but most of it is Hobbit-related, like Lembas, Gladriels phial (in case I ever get it). And I think I have enough of that whole decoration stuff like candles, papers, leafs, etc.

So, time to get some props.

I know, some of you have really great collections, very nice displays so let me know what ideas you have...

Once we get a bigger place to display all of our stuff...I'd love to have a lovely as set up as Montagar and Stivie...

I've been collecting all things Tolkien/PJ movie things since Fellowship came out. A very small bit from a few Christmas' ago:
478135_438488339531912_1054961139_o.jpg

Weaponry room/dining room...Coupled with some hand made props. Center piece is the WETA parchment map we got at WETA Workshop while we were in NZ this past November!
Untitled-1.jpg

There's alot more I don't have pictures of...not including the 30+ LotR/Hobbit/Sil. costumes I've made! :p

Great collection! Have been following all your LOTR builds and they all have turned out great!
Here is one of my newest displays, Gandalf related. I made the pipe, lighted doors of Durin and a hat stand for the Weta hat.
DSC02067_zpsdb3c4768.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back