LOTR Collections...?

I've just got my Aragorn stuff, which was up for sale recently but didn't go: Stansborough Wool Fellowship Cloak, licensed Legendary Heroes duster (I modified it to be a bit more accurate), knockoff Strider sword/UC scabbord, UC hunting knife, NC Evenstar Pendant, NC Leaf clasp, Kropserkel gauntlets, Boots by the guy in New Zealand who did 'em for Viggo! Here are some pics:

costume.jpg

Stunning costume. Also, if that is you and not a model, helps that your overall appearance fits the character (not like a 5'9", 232 lb Vader)...

Stunning costume. Also, if that is you and not a model, helps that your overall appearance fits the character (not like a 5'9", 232 lb Vader)...
Too true! :lol

That's just beautiful.

-Rabittooth
Not a very big LOTR fan but I have to say this is just beautiful presentation. :thumbsup
Thank you both for the kind words. :)

Less props, more Quality...

Looks like Magnoli, too. Can it be?
The Red Book of Westmarch and Thror's Map came from Magnoli.

I hope to some day order a set of Wraith armor and cloaks from Kropserkel. Beautiful work. I plan on some point to make Sauron's Third age armor from the prologue if Krop isn't done with theirs yet. I also want to add a few other items to my collection, like maps and things. Sadly, I can't take display pics of my collection thus far, as most is in storage.:unsure

Big Kenny - there he is! I was hoping you'd chime in! ;)

Hey I scored a Narsil for $60 ($40 + $20 S&H) so may be buring out my Dremel sooner than I thought!

Alright Rob, good price, but don't you just hate shipping?:lol
Just a little advice, the hand that isn't holding the Dremel needs a glove!!:lol

Can't wait to see it when you finish!!

I have:
Helm of the Witchking Prototype 2
Sauron's helm
Legloas Knives Prototype
Strider's sword & Scabbard
Strider's elven knife
Anduril & Scabbard
Museum Glamdring no case & Blue scabbard
Museum Sting No case
Herugrim
Gimli's walking axe
Eowyn's sword
Boromir's sword
Uruk Hai Sword
Shards of Narsil Miniature
Anduril Mini
Glamdring Mini
Sting mini

The one ring from the UC Sauron glove ( got that when the shipment of the rings came in before assembly).

Working on getting a few more prototypes in the collection. Working at UC had some advantages.

I know the Knocks off are cheap but they are recasts 99.9 % of the time. for making a shards their great but for the rest buy the licensed versions, the knock offs really did hurt UC's bottom line and helped bring it down quick. UC couldn't do much to stop it, it fell back to New line to do something, and they did very little. Now that BudK's United is bringing them back including the elven warrior most of the stuff should be affordable again.

I have a couple of the LOTR polystone figs and the MR ring display:
lotr_figs.jpg

The MR sword:
proplotr1.jpg

And the Sauron gauntlet next to this measly painting:
proplotr2.jpg

proproom_new.jpg

Thanks very much! That is me in the pic, although the hair was grown out just for that occassion. It's barely longer than an inch now... Of course, it's irrelevant as the costume sold today. I am definitely gonna miss (and want to rebuild) that one!

- Douglas

Douglas, maybe we should twist Howard's arm into doing an Aragorn bust so you CAN rebuild it into a full figure display!

Hyperdyne, always nice to see your awesome HT displays!

Here's some of mine on display...

P101000913.JPG

P101000811.JPG

The big map is a copy of asavage's. The three smaller ones are just some maps I printed out, tea stained/weathered, and framed.

Prop-wise I have a UC Anduril, UC Gimli Battle Axe, MR Sting, and Jens Hansen One Ring. I've been trying to find a decent table or shelf to put underneath the maps so I can display all my LOTR stuff together. (I really don't trust my walls enough to hold the Gimli axe- that thing is heavy!)

Douglas, maybe we should twist Howard's arm into doing an Aragorn bust so you CAN rebuild it into a full figure display!

Hyperdyne, always nice to see your awesome HT displays!

I actually was thinking of doing the Aragorn bust myself, maybe use the proceeds to re-collect the costume pieces!

...I really don't trust my walls enough to hold the Gimli axe- that thing is heavy!...

I thought the same thing, but ended up putting it up anyway. :lol So far (several months later), it still hasn't had any problems.

Okay, now that I said that I've got a feeling I'm going to get home from work tonight to find it busted on the floor. :p

Nice collection, BTW! Do you have electronic copies of the smaller maps? I would love to print out some smaller stuff like that, as well, to put up in my office here at work (I've got a copy of Adam's at home). Feel free to PM me if you'd rather.

Nice collection, BTW! Do you have electronic copies of the smaller maps? I would love to print out some smaller stuff like that, as well, to put up in my office here at work (I've got a copy of Adam's at home). Feel free to PM me if you'd rather.

Here you go... :)

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/5725/hobbit3tr7.jpg
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/7171/map6bpq3.gif
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/3694/gondor2no2.jpg

Here are some others too...

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/6646/hobbit2za2.jpg
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8554/map1bgz3.jpg
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6302/mapsbeleriand01il5.jpg
http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/2222/srodziemie2rc6.jpg

Not sure where I found them originally, but they're the same maps found in the back of the books.

Those are some great collections!

I'll have to snap a few shots of my stuff. We have various pieces spread throughout our house. Including a unique piece of art by our own TK412 that was a wedding present.

Man, I gotta get that map printed out! What did you mount it on Fetty? Looks real nice!! :thumbsup

Thanks! :)

I used an old frame I've had lying around for a while. Had to cut off some of the edges of the map though unfortunately.

Where did you get the painting of Sauron and Isildur? Looks beautiful!

Here you go... :)

Here are some others too...

Not sure where I found them originally, but they're the same maps found in the back of the books.

Thanks a ton for the links! :)

I've got some of them from some old copies of the books I've picked up over the years, but was reluctant to weather them. Now I can print these out and use them instead. :cool Thanks again!

heres a shot of my modest collection...

the sword on the FAR left is my REAL PETER LYON custom sword.... yes.. the REAL peter lyon..
others include Museum collection glamdring and sting... legolas daggers, MR fx sting, Limted Edtion anduril....

I also have one of A Savage's maps that were sold in the junkyard a while back, but i havent had a chance to frame it and i dont have anywhere to put it

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back