Han Solo Carbonite FURNITURE - a custom desk from TSD! for sale at CV!

re: Han Solo Carbonite FURNITURE - a custom desk from TSD!

Can't beleive I've missed this thread! Incredible work on a fantastic looking desk from such a simple concept...it certainly deserves all the attention it's getting! Thank you for sharing!

Awesome table. I haven't been to your site in awhile . OTS of great new projects! Congrats on the tv spot.

I am glad to se this come to life again. Its a great prop and also its made to use. I said it before and i say it again. Its epic. ;)

That desk belongs to a fellow church member...and its the desk he uses at church..LOL

Keep an ear open..he told me a few months ago that he will be auctioning it soon for charity...

Derek

Is he also a member of a Christian rock band because I thought that was who the desk was commissioned for?

Is he also a member of a Christian rock band because I thought that was who the desk was commissioned for?

Yep, that sounds like him (and he'd mentioned the charity auction idea a while back).

A few folks above were asking about the design and such. We don't have blueprints available (and for the han carb section, obviously, the RPF has you covered there!) and for things like glass height and whatnot, those are all things we considered and discussed with the client when building it. We even considered putting in drawers (like the guy in the other thread is doing) but needed the back to be more open to allow for a wider chair.

Anyway, it's funny to see the thread back from the depths... been a while but we still get emails all the time about the Han desk so people are still discovering it. Wonders of the internet :)

thanks again for all the kind words on the piece!

Tom

Han Solo Frozen in Carbonite Desk

OK who wants one?

desk1web-1.jpg

Re: Han Solo Frozen in Carbonite Desk

Forget the desk, I just want the block to go with my front piece I bought years ago. Still sitting in storage!
DSC00110.jpg

Been a while since I last saw that picture, didn't somewhere here make that?

It looks like Fandango and Wired have both recently run stories about the carbo-desk on their sites and there are some new print stories coming as well. Guess that's why the photos are popping back up.

It was designed/created by myself and Richard Riley (with Rich doing most of the hard work!) for musician Mark Hall.

It's a one of a kind (like a lot of our movie-inspired furniture art ) and we've got some really cool updates coming to the site in the next few months regarding some other desks, tables and highly-themed elements like that one.

Just last week, we had a piece that Richard built seen on Extreme Makeover, Home Edition on ABC and we'll be adding pics of that to the site soon too.

glad folks still dig this one :)

Tom

Mark Hall (of Casting Crowns and owner of the desk) is auctioning that badboy off soon if they havent already, money going to charity. Wish I could afford it LOL

Yeah, I've been staring at my HIC on the floor of the garage for a couple years now. Just waiting until someone comes up with an easy to build box to go with it.

I did a little digging awhile ago but never really found a set of easy plans. It seems that the accurate dimensions of the actual HIC box were just hard enough to fabricate that it made it a PITA.

I think this desk idea is a great one. I may revisit it one of these days.

brad

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back