The One Ring

Originally posted by creamedgeezer@Mar 8 2006, 12:25 PM
Just ordered my One Ring from Jens Hansen. Anyone know the turnaround time? Also, can it be made without the stamp on the inside (the one declaring silver or gold), I want it as close to the movie as possible. I emailed them about it, but thought someone here might know.
[snapback]1201546[/snapback]​
Yes, they can and will do that (I believe it is in the FAQs).

EDIT: Well, it used to be in the FAQs, but it appears that it has been removed and replaced with the following:

"To maintain this accuracy the Jens Hansen movie replica ring has no inscriptions or engraving other than the Jens Hansen jewelerÂ’s hallmark and signature which appear on the inside band of the ring. These are the guarantee that your Jens Hansen Movie Ring came from the original source and are not normally seen, of course, when the ring is worn on a finger."

Just ask them and I am sure that they will do it.

I checked there, it mentions that there is no elvish inscription, only the hallmark inside. I hope they email me back soon :)

Originally posted by creamedgeezer@Mar 8 2006, 12:54 PM
I checked there, it mentions that there is no elvish inscription, only the hallmark inside. I hope they email me back soon :)
[snapback]1201576[/snapback]​
I altready made an edit to my previouse post, before I saw your post. :D

Jens Hansen can do it with or without the hallmark added. Of course, without the hallmark, its hard to prove the ring is made by Jens Hansen even with the certificate. So I like the hallmark on mine personally.

I had noted in the past in the junkyard I have a 18 ct Jens Hansen size 10 available for $ 600 complete with case, certificate and free shipping in the US.. Just in case anyone is looking for one. :)

I wish I knew that earlier, lol, but I think a silver ring plated gold will be fine for display.

Good to know on the hallmark thing. I really dont plan on selling it though :)

They haven't answered any of my emails, but do they charge an additional fee for requested modifications? I have another charge from them for like $5

Originally posted by creamedgeezer@Mar 12 2006, 03:07 AM
They haven't answered any of my emails, but do they charge an additional fee for requested modifications? I have another charge from them for like $5
[snapback]1204000[/snapback]​
They didn't charge when I had it done, but that was a few years ago so anything is possible. I guess you could send them an email asking what the $5 charge is for, maybe they will respond to that.

ahh, his messages werent reaching me, I got an email from his personal home email address today letting me know that everything is fine and my ring wont have any hallmarks :)

Originally posted by creamedgeezer@Mar 12 2006, 03:42 PM
ahh, his messages werent reaching me, I got an email from his personal home email address today letting me know that everything is fine and my ring wont have any hallmarks :)
[snapback]1204312[/snapback]​
tup.gif

ok,now I need to know where to get it plted. Any suggestions? I was going to go to appliedmetal here on the board, but he let me know that it isnt a real gold plating that he does.

Does anyone here have experience with any particular plater? It needs to be 18kt yellow gold.

Thanks.

Most shops will send the ring out for a light plating, but if search the web there are places which do a very thick layer. Sorry I don't have the info. anymore.

If you're not going to wear it, then even the lightest plating should be fine. But a good medium plating will last for quite a while, even being worn doing fairly stringent daily activity. Scratch resistance is another thing altogether, and you won't ever get it with a metal ring unless you get a tungsten-carbide ceramic ring.

If it's plated fully, by a competant jeweler, no.

Gold color variation is more dependant on what carat wieght it is. The closer to twenty-four, the yellower it is.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back