Noertheast prop parties, any soon?

gunnerk19

Master Member
Jest wonderin' if there be any prop geek get togethers in the works in the future for those of us "financially challenged" types (meaning say, within 350 mi. of central VT perhaps... :angel)...

I'd looove to be able to attend D-Con, SD, etc..., but was hoping for something soon a little closer to home and within driving distance; gas prices these days alone are deterrent enough to drive more than, oh, 50 miles or so :lol, let alone airfare from right coast to left coast on a (never ending) budget...

Anyone with plans for arranging a little soiree (sp?) in RI, NH, VT, MA, central or upstate NY or even ME please post soon...

There used to be a prop party in eastern PA around the spring time-frame, but I haven't seen anything about it. I was actually going to post to see if anyone was planning anything as I was only able to attend one a few years back, and would like to do it again.

Does anyone have any information they could share?

Sean

ACTUALLY...

Several people have recently asked me why we haven't had the big prop parties that we used to have at the Schwenksville Fire Hall. I have been too busy with life, QMx, etc, but it MIGHT be time to do another one.

IF there was enough interest. Maybe even mend some fences...

Say early to mid-April-ish?

What say we?

The Schwenksville Fire Hall party is the exact one I was talking about. I would definitely be interested in attending if you decide to hold it this year.

Sean

I'm interested. I live in the Scranton PA area and haven't been to a star trek con or anything in a number of years. Since I recently became involved in props, I would love to see some people of similar interests in my area.

Mike

Now that's what I'm talking about; NH, areas near Clarendon, West Leb, etc., NW MA, Springfield, Holyoke vicinity, even so far down as Enfield or Torrington, CT would work for me...

Something I could drive to in say 5 or less hours would be ideal, given the costs of gas (and lodging, if needed). PA is nice and all, but I can't justify that kind of drive from VT for a get together, especially if it was to start early in the day and driving time had to be figured in... :unsure

ACTUALLY...

Several people have recently asked me why we haven't had the big prop parties that we used to have at the Schwenksville Fire Hall. I have been too busy with life, QMx, etc, but it MIGHT be time to do another one.

What say we?

Hey Steve, if you have another party, I'll definately be there with bells on. I always had fun in the past and would look forward to going to this part again.

Here's hoping

Dan

ACTUALLY...

What say we?

I know that fire hall well. It served me many many pancakes while I attended the Philly Folk Fest. I can't believe I never got wind of the previous ones. I'm totally down for a prop party.

i might be able to make it to philly. i'm just outside of boston... i know we've got a bunch of RPFers in the general boston area. we should be able to do SOMETHING in new england!!

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back