Boushh Helmet Sculpt...almost there

Ditto.

I may be very well interested in getting one of those. This first helmet is resin right? If you were to do a run of these, would it also be resin or more likely fiberglass? Not even sure if that's possible from this kind of mold?

Terrific job Todd .. I'm keeping an eye on your thread with greaet interest!!!

Yes, this first pull is a resin. When I get the master finished, I will be making the helmets out of a similar polyurethane resin that is specifically formulated for roto-casting. It is very strong yet has some give to it which means that it is not brittle. The finished product will be light and very durable.

I'm trying to stay away from fiberglass due to the weight.

Todd

First coat of primer, and I placed the cast of the Ferrari body on top so you could see size ratios. I think everything is looking pretty good. I also eased the corners a bit to soften the look. I have a little bondo work to do and then its on to the detail piece for the top.

BoushhHelmet045.jpg

BoushhHelmet046.jpg

Todd

I worked on the snout piece for most of the day. Here is the MDF mock up.

BoushhSnout002.jpg

And here is the snout piece shaped and sprayed with primer.

BoushhSnout004.jpg

BoushhSnout005.jpg

Now its on to the scope...

Todd

I have been watching this thread from the begining but havn't bothered to say anything till now but man is that helmet amazing. You have done a great job on it. I can't wait to see it all finished.

WOW, oh WOW! Very nice looking helmet. I've always wanted to do one of those, and with it being a one piece, I just might have to join the bandwagon and get one when you offer them up.

Snout piece master is finished and ready for silicone!

BoushhSnout007.jpg

Now I'm taking a snap cast of the top of the helmet master. I will use it to make a vac-form buck for the detail piece that goes on top of the helmet.

BoushhSnout008.jpg

Todd

One more step to something beautiful.

Are you molding the middle greeblie into the snout or is that going to be seperate?

One more step to something beautiful.

Are you molding the middle greeblie into the snout or is that going to be seperate?

I am going to mold it all as one piece. I figure the less pieces you have to deal with the better.

I worked on the scope today and almost have the body of it finished...

BoushhScope003.jpg

Todd

I got the mother mold of the snap cast finished today. First was the plaster mother mold:

Snapcast001.jpg

Snapcast002.jpg

Next I closed off the open side with plaster bandages and then brushed in some silicone to complete the jacket:

Snapcast003.jpg

When this sets up, I'll fill it up with Hydrocal and that will become my vac-form buck for the top of the helmet.

Todd

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back