Boushh Helmet Sculpt...almost there

Todd, Todd, Todd...SWEETNESS!

Are you molding all those details in? A whole new mold coming?

Yes, that is the plan. What you see above is the new master with all the details already there. I'll be making another silicone master mold from it. That way when the helmets are pulled, there will be VERY little work to do in order finish the helmet, i.e. glue on the ear greeblies and the snout piece! No more spending hours and hours cutting out ABS pieces and trying to get them to fit together properly.

When this kit is finished it will be EXTREMELY simple to make a great looking helmet!

Todd

I'm having withdrawl...almost a month and no updates? You're killing me! :) Anyway, I hope all is well and I'm sure you're doing your bestest!

Alright Stevo, here ya go brother!

I have the snout piece finished and ready for silicone.

BoushhHelmet068.jpg

So, time to mix up a batch and put it into the degassing chamber.

BoushhHelmet070.jpg

Hmmmmmm, bubbly!

BoushhHelmet069.jpg

And the snout piece is in the mold! I'll open it up tomorrow and see how it came out.

BoushhHelmet071.jpg

Todd

can´t wait to see this completly finished!

btw.: that´s a very cool idea for an adjustable mould frame! :thumbsup

can´t wait to see this completly finished!

btw.: that´s a very cool idea for an adjustable mould frame! :thumbsup

Yes, the frame can adjust from about 2" square to 18" square and pretty much any where in between. Makes it nice not to have to build a box every time!

Todd

I kinda caught this thread late... Are these going to be available for people to buy as kits? If so please let me know! Interested!

Alright! Opened up the mold this morning and it turned out GREAT!
BoushhHelmet075.jpg

Here is the first pull from the mold.
BoushhHelmet076.jpg

BoushhHelmet077.jpg

I got so excited I had to pull a few more!
BoushhHelmet079.jpg

Now it's time to get that helmet into clay...

Todd

Any idea when you might be making the kits available Todd?

I am trying to have everything completed within the next month or so. Right now I am trying to coordinate with a friend of mine so he can help me with the fiberglass mother mold. Once that is completed, I can pour the silicone and start rotoing some helmets!!!

Todd

any idea, what price range the helmet kit might come?
i know that´s not the right time to ask for the final price but maybe you have an idea...
anyway, i´m interested! :)

Alright, so here is the latest progress...
Here are the last four model pieces I needed to mold, they are the greeblies for the scope.

BoushhHelmet083.jpg

BoushhHelmet089.jpg

Now I just have to make some pieces, glue them to the scope, and get the scope into silicone!
I had to scratch build the leather strap greeblie and here it is...just have to get it into the mold.

BoushhHelmet085.jpg

BoushhHelmet086.jpg

BoushhHelmet087.jpg

BoushhHelmet088.jpg

Todd

awesome, thanks for the updates! Which model kit did those two rectangular/grid pieces come from for the scope? I have been looking for awhile with no luck.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back