Boushh Helmet Sculpt...almost there

Interesting molding method. Where does he pour the silicone in?

Yeah, that's what was goin' through my mind too.

That, and it appears that it will be a one-piece rubber mold, with a two-piece jacket. OK, what is keeping the model suspended in the jacket while the RTV is being poured?

I am looking forward to seeing these come out of the mold.

Yeah, that's what was goin' through my mind too.

That, and it appears that it will be a one-piece rubber mold, with a two-piece jacket. OK, what is keeping the model suspended in the jacket while the RTV is being poured?

Yes, it will be a one piece silicone mold and the fiberglass jacket is is two piece. If you look close at the bottom of the white pipe sticking out the bottom of the jacket, you can see three round keys. Those fit into the jacket and its the bottom two inches of the jacket that will hold the pipe suspended inside the jacket.

Todd

I need a Boushh fix...any updates?

Here ya go!!!

Master is back in the mother mold.

Boushhhelmet090.jpg

Pour hole is cut in the jacket.

Boushhhelmet091.jpg

Pour tube is glued to the jacket.

Boushhhelmet092.jpg

Pour funnel is glued to the tube.

Boushhhelmet093.jpg

Funnel and tube covered with plaster bandages for support.

Boushhhelmet094.jpg

Silicone in the mold!!!

Boushhhelmet096.jpg

It's HELLRAISER BOUSHH!!!

Boushhhelmet097.jpg

Todd

Very cool! Could you do a little narration on how the process works to go with your pictures. I haven't done any casting (except lost wax bronze) yet but need to do all my 2-1B droid parts soon so any tips on how you do this helps particularly when you are working with someone experienced.

About how much silicone did it take to fill the void?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back