Boushh Helmet Sculpt...almost there

No problem, Todd.

I´d say that the cut out lengthy holes on top should be on level and aligning with the L-shaped groove in the back.

Comparison:
BoushhHelmet056.jpg

BoushhHelmet056.jpg

Otherwise I can only repeat what the others wrote, awesome work !

Michael

You are right Michael! When I was looking at the pics from both sides, it looked like the slots on the right side were a bit asymetric as opposed to the ones on the left side. But it could have been a optical illusion due to camera angle.

Since I couldn't make out which one was right, I decided to throw a little bit of "me" into it. I plan on drilling out the slots in my wife's finished helmet and backing it with screen for some exhaust fans.

Good eye Michael!

Todd

wow, amazing work Todd.
Being that this is your first sculpt, do you have any photos of the sculpting process before you got to the stage that you posted in your opening post? That would be cool to see.

wow, amazing work Todd.
Being that this is your first sculpt, do you have any photos of the sculpting process before you got to the stage that you posted in your opening post? That would be cool to see.

I wish I did Chris. Lets just say that I will never buy anything but a Western Digital hard drive from now on. I lost over 250 gigs worth of memories recently:cry

I ended up making another vac-form buck of the front of the helmet so I could make that detail piece that goes right under the eyes and over each cheek. Here is the pull...

BoushhHelmet059.jpg

Just have to cut it out and glue it to the master now.

Todd

hi todd, i dont know if you spotted it but it looks as though the part above the eye is also a stuck on part like the below part. i spotted it on a pic i found on flickr.

sorry if you already know, just thought id say just in case

z

hi todd, i dont know if you spotted it but it looks as though the part above the eye is also a stuck on part like the below part. i spotted it on a pic i found on flickr.

sorry if you already know, just thought id say just in case

z

Good eye brother! Yes, there is another strip glued on just above the eye lense. I don't know if I am going to put that piece there...I held a strip of plastic up to the helmet and you are not really going to see any additional detail with it there. I think it was originally put on the screen used helmet to cover a seam line when they put the helmet together. Opinions anyone... :confused

Todd

Good eye brother! Yes, there is another strip glued on just above the eye lense. I don't know if I am going to put that piece there...I held a strip of plastic up to the helmet and you are not really going to see any additional detail with it there. I think it was originally put on the screen used helmet to cover a seam line when they put the helmet together. Opinions anyone... :confused

Todd

It's your call to put the piece above the eye lenses or not. But if it was used and it can be seen on an original... then I say put it there if you can. You've gone this far with all the right parts... don't stop now.

Kevin W.

hi todd, i saw that you had vac'd the front of the face anyway so i thought it could be an easy addition since you already have the part.

personally i would put it on, but its your meatball:love

z

Updates? I'm getting anxious to see some new updates. I love to see anyone's Boushh helmets.

Here ya go Stevo!

I got the detail piece under the eyes cut out and glued to the master yesterday.

BoushhHelmet061.jpg

BoushhHelmet062.jpg

Due to popular demand, I'll be cutting out the detail piece over the eyes next.

Todd

Yes! Updates! Thank you. It looks awesome. You're almost there. Can't wait to see it finished and put together with the rest of the costume. Keep up the excellent work.

With the addition of the ear detail...

BoushhHelmet063.jpg

BoushhHelmet066.jpg

and the brow detail...

BoushhHelmet065.jpg

THIS HELMET IS FINISHED!!!! Now its time to clay it up and make a fiberglass jacket for it!

Todd

Sahweet....can't wait to see the next steps. Doing an awesome job. Glad to see you added the piece above the eye slot.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back