Boushh Helmet Sculpt...almost there

[Is the silicone layer also a multi piece mold or is it one piece? If it's one, how the heck did you get it off without ripping it?

Yes the silicone jacket is all one piece. I made a cut up the back were there is very little detail and then pulled it off the sculpt like a sock. You have to use a low shore silicone with a lot of give for it not to tear. I am using a 30 shore that is nice and pliable.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement!!! :thumbsup

Todd

lookin good todd, cant wait to see the first casting, it looks very sharp:thumbsup

z

yes, that´s exactly right, at least after what i know about rotocasting.
the centrifugal force presses the resin against the mould walls and keeps the cast almost bubblefree because of it´s continous turning...

sorry for my first reply..... i just had to...! :rolleyes

turning around and around and around and around and around.... :lol

And with that you get...

BoushhHelmet038.jpg

BoushhHelmet039.jpg

BoushhHelmet040.jpg

ONE HELMET!!!!

Todd

exellent work todd, one of my favorite helmets.

the casting came out very nicely :thumbsup

have you done any work for the snout piece?

z

ive been following this thread since the beginning, but havent posted till now...this is awesome! I love this helmet, and you did a fantastic sculpt and cast! wooo!:eek

Thanks again everyone for the compliments! Your nice words make this arduous project worth it!

exellent work todd, one of my favorite helmets.

the casting came out very nicely :thumbsup

have you done any work for the snout piece?

z

I'm tackling the snout piece next. I have the model pieces cast and glued together and I'm working on fabricating the snout from MDF. I was waiting to get a helmet cast so I could size it perfectly to the opening. I'll post some more pics this week...

Todd

I always thought the snout pieces looked like a tusken raider tooth except two of them and turned sideways. Are these the essentially the same or maybe a little bigger?

Ditto.

I may be very well interested in getting one of those. This first helmet is resin right? If you were to do a run of these, would it also be resin or more likely fiberglass? Not even sure if that's possible from this kind of mold?

Terrific job Todd .. I'm keeping an eye on your thread with greaet interest!!!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back