Boushh Helmet Sculpt...almost there

Somebody here said something, I'm not gonna say who and I'm not gonna quote, but somethings been said that, when spoken out loud, sounds just sooo wrong.
And that's all I'm gonna say about it...

Zorg...got your message and responded.

Wook...:lol that was classic! You can stare at my wife's Boushh all you want!

Zorg...got your message and responded.

Wook...:lol that was classic! You can stare at my wife's Boushh all you want!

Well Todd, you have personally shown me your wife's Boushh and it looks better in person :thumbsup the pictures do it no justice. :cool

wow, those pics are bringing back memories of my attempt at casting my first Boushh helmet. I had so many problems getting those molds apart it was ridiculous. So many "locked" spaces that those molds hugged. I hope you have better luck. Can't wait to hear and see how it comes out.

wow, those pics are bringing back memories of my attempt at casting my first Boushh helmet. I had so many problems getting those molds apart it was ridiculous. So many "locked" spaces that those molds hugged. I hope you have better luck. Can't wait to hear and see how it comes out.

Yes, you have to be really careful with your undercuts or you will never get it apart. I am still debating on whether to make this a three part mother mold just to make it easier to get apart. I will be doing the other half tomorrow.

Todd

Way to go, Sandman! I'm really loving your wife's boushh, especially since you've trimmed it down.

The Wook

41721bl.gif

I cannot believe I missed that the first time

Gorgeous sculpt, really excited to see this.

How does it compare to the other comman vacformed kit size wise? little bit smaller I hope?

Gorgeous sculpt, really excited to see this.

How does it compare to the other comman vacformed kit size wise? little bit smaller I hope?

Yes, it is smaller...especially in the snout and mouth piece area. I based my sculpt off of "known" measurements by using the original model pieces and pictures. Seemed to work pretty well but we shall see when I open this thing up. Keep you fingers crossed!

Todd

Well, when I went out to the garage this morning the back half of the mother mold still was not dry....:cry I'm guessing that I used too much water in the hydrocal mix. So I had to tear in apart! :angry

Since I was starting over, I decided to make the mother mold in four parts to make it easier to remove. Here it is three quarters done:

And finished:

I'm going to let it completely set up overnight and I'll open it in the morning...

Todd

sorry to hear that it didn't set up, but nice to see that you did it in four parts. Interested in hearing how it comes out.

Went out to the garage this morning and opened up the mold. I'm happy to say that it turned out AWESOME!!!!

I'm really glad that I decided to do a four part mother mold. It came off really easy and my sculpt is still in one piece!

I am going to try and get a helmet roto-cast this afternoon...man I can't wait to see how the first pull turns out!!!

Todd

[Is the silicone layer also a multi piece mold or is it one piece? If it's one, how the heck did you get it off without ripping it?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back