Interest Thread-Georgia/Southeastern Prop Party.

nightrider

Sr Member
Could this possibly be made a sticky?

I've noticed that there are a few members in Georgia and was wondering if there might be any interest for a prop party and if so where you guys think would be a good location?

Last edited:
I vote for the Atlanta area. Not just because I live here. :)

It's fairly central, and there are loads of venues for this type of thing.

Yes, I am volunteering to co-host.

:)

It'd be a safe bet that most members are closer to Atlanta.

I'm in Macon (which IS Central Georgia) and could make arrangements, along with the local fan club The MACON CLONES, to have something here depending on the interest level.

There are a few pretty good locations including a museum and a sit down dinner-type movie theater with plenty o' room to spread out a few displays.

Jacksonville, Florida here but I work in Brunswick, so a 4.5 hour drive after work would be no big thing.

Plus it would give me a chance to catch up with some of my other friends in the ATL.

Bruce

I live in Athens, but I'm from the ATL, so I'm there.

I haven't been to a prop party in years, actually not since Jedi135 had one in NC.

I'm in ATL. I'd be interested. Prop party would be fun.

Nightrider, just got your phone message when I got home a short while ago. I'll try and give you a call tomorrow due to a busy schedule. I have some news I need to pass along anyway.

Movado

OK, NR and I are discussing Red top Mountain as a possible location.

http://www.gastateparks.org/info/redtop/

I've stayed there before, and it's a beautiful place, very kid and family friendly if anyone wanted to bring the kids and make a weekend of it.

The "resort" has a few meeting rooms we could get one and setup our tables in.

But if you guys would rather it be downtown, or in a place closer to the expressway, we can do that. Red top is only about 5 minutes off I-75 (cartersville)

But, it was an idea so I wanted to throw it out to see what other folks thought.

OK, NR and I are discussing Red top Mountain as a possible location.

http://www.gastateparks.org/info/redtop/

I've stayed there before, and it's a beautiful place, very kid and family friendly if anyone wanted to bring the kids and make a weekend of it.

The "resort" has a few meeting rooms we could get one and setup our tables in.

But if you guys would rather it be downtown, or in a place closer to the expressway, we can do that. Red top is only about 5 minutes off I-75 (cartersville)

But, it was an idea so I wanted to throw it out to see what other folks thought.
Hummmm! It is about 25 Minutes closer to me than Atlanta and I wont have to fight Atlanta traffic. I'm in:lol

April/May sounds great to me, not too cold or hot.:thumbsup Should also give us plenty of time to plan, get the word out, and for everyone to make arrangements.

April/May may be ok with me depending on job schedule. If on a weekend, I'll most likely be ok. I would prefer Atlanta area, but RedTop Mountain is cool. Been there before and it's only about an hour or so away from Atlanta.

Movado

Sounds like fun. I'm in South GA - Thomasville - and would love the opportunity to put faces on the names. Keep me updated on plans.

David
airhead

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back