North Texas Prop Party Feb 16

OK, Philip and Anne get my vote as Best Hosts Evah!!! Great party and people, and some incredible props and stuff. I really enjoyed the laser cutter and CNC demonstrations.

Marc

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to echo the thanks for hosting the party...and here are a couple of pictures...most of which are of Philip's collection, which I took with my good camera. Most of the other pictures were take with my cheap little video camera..none really turned out. I do have a couple of short video clips of one of the R2 units...I might upload them if I get a chance.

propparty08helmshr3.jpg
propparty08r2vz3.jpg
propparty08styf1.jpg
propparty08mk7.jpg

I would like to add my thanks to Philip for his gracious hospitality.

I've had a busy year buying a house and getting engaged. I haven't done a very good job keeping up with my fellow DFW RPFers. Hears to a great day hanging out with you guys, and here's to hoping it won't be another year before I get hang out with you guys again.

Thanks for a great day guys! Thanks for a great event Philip :thumbsup

I'll echo the posts of others, thanking our gracious hosts. I guess I never got to meet Anne, but thanks all the same. :) I'll send a couple of photos to Philip's site soon.

Thanks again,

ATM
ShackMan

For my first ever Prop party it was awesome ! Great to see a few familiar faces and meet some new friends as well.

Highlights were of course the upstairs prop and toy room, all the neat toys downstairs, gw2tulsa's BTTF time machine, and seeing everyones stuff.

Regrets are not bringing my camera........ and not getting a raffle ticket- those door prizes were amazing. (next time, I'll remember both)

Phil was a great host and really made everyone feel welcome like a friend in his home. Top notch all the way.

I'm already thinking up projects so I can see if Phil can help !

Last edited:
Echoing everyone's gratitude for a fantastic party. I just wish I had been able to land in DFW about 6 hours earlier. Philip's collection is off the hook- Wow! VEry cool to see everyone as always. Also, special thanks to Gary for the guided tour of the Delorean. Truly amazing in every detail!!

Thanks again Philip for your hospitality.

Doc

Last edited:
I want to thank Phillip as well for hosting such a great prop party. Everything Phillip had and also everyone elses props were absolutely amazing!:thumbsup
I couldn't stay long due to a dinner engagement, but ended up dragging my wife back to see how amazing everything was!:lol
It was great meeting a lot of you, and regret not meeting a lot of you. So, I guess Phillip is going to have to throw another party soon so I can get to meet everyone and get everyone's name down.:)

Thanks again,
Brenton

Great Job hosting! Phillip and Family did an outstanding job. His collection is jaw dropping. Thank you again for hosting and the cool collection stand. I could sit and watch that laser cutter for hours.

Great to see old faces and meet new ones.

Thanks
Brian

Doc! I didn't even get to see you there. Hey, if anyone has a collection that could even be *compared* to Philip's it's you. :) Hopefully we'll meet up at the next one ... I like keeping up with your latest game projects.

ATM
ShackMan

I had a great time! It was so great seeing everyone's collections. I wish I had a chance to talk with each and everyone there. I imagine there was close to 5 dozen people over the course of the day.

Thanks again to our wonderful hosts. I hope to have some of my pictures up in a day or two.

Evan

Ah, yes. Another successful prop party where a good time was had by all. Special thanks to our most gracious host, Phillip for letting us play with your toys. That is probably the best collection of collectibles I've seen in my entire life! :eek The bar-b-que was fantastic as well! I doubt I'll attend many prop parties as good as this one!

That was the BEST Prop Party I have attended. Philip is a great host!! simple Awsome. :thumbsup

I will be posting pics later.

Last edited:
Ah, yes. Another successful prop party where a good time was had by all. Special thanks to our most gracious host, Phillip for letting us play with your toys. That is probably the best collection of collectibles I've seen in my entire life! :eek The bar-b-que was fantastic as well! I doubt I'll attend many prop parties as good as this one!

I have a great time meeting so many wonderful people at the party. Thanks to Philip for being a great host.

Also thanks to Funky Jedi and Mostly Harmless that I know the story about that rare tiny figurine. Happy to see you guys finally get to see it :)

Ah, yes, the ever illusive "Missile Firing Boba Fett". I never thought I'd actually get to see one first hand, much less hold it! :eek

Yes that was cool. To be able to hold something that you would never thought that you would see in person let only hold. Hands down that was just cool. And yes Funky was speechless, which also something I thought I would never see. I'm almost afraid to go to the next prop party. almost!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back