Next Randy Cooper Project-Sand crawler!

anubispro

Yep,
Randy has decided that the SD/Avenger project has burned him out on doing "tiny, greebly, detail" for a little while. (I can imagine)

As most of you know, he was planning on doing a LARGE BSG (OS), but he feels that he needs to recover from the SD/A.,..and "cleanse the palette" so to speak. He wants to do that subject justice, but it will be a future project.

He has excellent ref on the Jawa SC and is already drawing out plans for construction. It will be in the 24inch long neighborhood. Big, but not obscene.

No idea on price or availability yet. (He has a lot of SD orders to fill) :D

He also still plans on releasing the TOS Shuttle Galileo later this year too.
The patterns for that are almost complete.
No completion date or price on that either. (He said it would hopefully be in the $200.00 or under neighborhood).

There you go,.....unless he changes his mind,..again. :p

I'm happy to hear this as I have been prodding Randy to do the Sandcrawler for a while now. I'm glad he is considering it!

Dave :)

Now that is cool! roughly 1/60 ish in scale... give or take a few percentage points ;) 24 inches is about my limit for a sandcrawler too...

Damn another one my wallet is going to have to absorb... one way or another...

I am totally in for a sand crawler!!

I missed the pre-order, but I really want to order an SD when you start taking orders again.

Mike

yeah, Randy said this one is already close to completion as it's been on the back burner for a while, so he wants to move ahead and get it out of his shop before starting the SC. I look forward to seeing what he's done with the Galileo 7. :)

Dave

I've always had this dream of having a sandcrawler converted to a pc. If his SD was any inndication I'm sure it'll be awesome. :)

I guess the Sd killed him for any kind of greeblie work for a while... being a proud owner of one of his SD kits I can see how that could easily be the case... something smooth and simple - that still has a coolness factor to it I can see the G7 fitting that niche... I'm not really dieing for a kit of that but I'm sure there are those that want it badly... It gives my wallet a breather too - which it desparately needs :eek

Jedi Dade

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back