Stormtrooper helmet replicas (Loads of Pics)

Keith

Sr Member
Here are some photos i've just taken of a few of my trooper helmets that are now ready to paint.

Brian R replica:
BR1.jpg

BR2.jpg

BR4.jpg

BR6.jpg

BR7.jpg

BR8.jpg

BR10.jpg

Dave M replica:
DM1.jpg

DM2.jpg

DM3.jpg

DM4.jpg

DM6.jpg

ESB Replica. (Needs bottom ear bolts changing for flat headed screws):
esb1.jpg

esb2.jpg

esb3.jpg

esb4.jpg

esb5.jpg

esb6.jpg

Some new photos of my ROTJ replica just for fun:
ROTJ1.jpg

ROTJ2.jpg

ROTJ3.jpg

ROTJ4.jpg

ROTJ5.jpg

ROTJ6.jpg

ROTJ7.jpg

ROTJ8.jpg

ROTJ9.jpg

Thanks wackychip for hosting,

Keith.

Woa! Did you find the long lost mythical TE bumpy cap/back seacret stash??

I thought I was extremely lucky to have one!

Nice work btw, I was getting withdrawals from seeing good TK threads ;)

Schaweet! No matter how old I get, I'll never get tired of looking at Trooper buckets in the many, many differrent incarnations, versions, of and stages of assembly.

As always, awesome work Keith:thumbsup

Simply gorgeous Keith.I always enjoy seeing your work.I can`t wait to see how you paint them up.:love

Ben

Thanks guys!

With my camera, i always find it really hard to get good photos of trooper helmets. There is a lot of camera distortion when up close which makes the ears out of view. The photos really need to be taken from further back and zoom in, but then they end up looking like the last photo of the ROTJ helmet. I need a new camera!

Jeremy, i only have 7 trooper helmets. I've got rid of the less accurate ones.

Darth Alias, i'm not selling any of these, sorry.

Fon, two of them have very old TE1 bumpy caps. All parts of the Dave M replica are TE2 with the cap damage carefully filled in.

To paint them i'm going to have a HDPE colour custom made, take the helmets apart and paint the faces and caps separate, inside and out with the HDPE colour. I'm then going to put them back together again and spray them white. I will probably have a chip in the white paint here and there which matches the original helmets, but i want to make them look how they might have looked in 1976 rather than how they look today.

Thanks,

Keith.

Last edited:
Keith

Your attention to detail is amazing. The ROTJ is superb especially considering it is from ANH moulds. :thumbsup

Joe

Keith

great stuff buddy, your prop collection is one of the best in the world so much attention to detail its unreal

Paul

Good work fella.
i'm assuming you're Keith the mic tips man.
if so. ultra good work fella
i wouldnt be seen dead without my keith mic tips.
i've recently finished my Dave M replica a la paint chip and HDPE and it is most satisfying to see it all finished.
be sure to keep them pics coming.
A1

Thanks everyone:thumbsup

I've been trimming and building these on and off for a very long time, trying to get them to look as much like the originals as possible.

They won't be finished for a while, but i will post more photos when i start the painting.

Keith.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back