Hellboy - Kroenen mechanical hand - done!

Ok, I had some time during the holidays and managed to complete the T70 Terminator bust as well as the Kroenen mechanical hand.

The hand is a raw studio pull. Very thin resin. Gave me a real headache. I am not really capable at animatronic stuff, but I manage to built some simple hinges, so the fingers are moveable. They are connected to the ball joint ankle base with springs.

The most challenging part where the small gear wheels. I got a few old watchmaker collections from ebay and found the almost identical parts.

The base was made using a metal gear wheel and an aluminum rod.

Onto the pics:

kroenenhand01.jpg

kroenenhand02.jpg

kroenenhand03.jpg

Thomas

some of the best kroenen items have come from your hands.(no pun)

well done and great craftmanship on this and the other pieces you have done

:thumbsup

Thats brilliant, I absolutely love the character Kroenen and you certainly have an impressive collection by the looks of it :thumbsup

That is freakin sweet.

Man that is some amazing work! I love the detail of the clock gears.

This is one of the few props from hellboy I wanted to own, but never found anyone insane enough to do a run of :lol

One great job!!!

WOW!
any tips on creating/where to purchase the inner gears? ive got a project in the works i need some that look JUST like that in.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back