Gettin there... some Bob D. tumbler test shots

doody

Sr Member
Had a really bizarre warmup today in the weather. so I had to hustle. Has been uber cold. wanted to test various exposure settings.
prog91.jpg

prog89.jpg

prog86.jpg

I have no critique. Simply.... this is art! To my untrained eye it looks absolutely perfect... It's actually even hard for me to comprehend just the amount of skill, work, and amount of planning that went into the construction of this vehicle.

I think the lack of response thus far shows you two things. Speechlessness, and jealousy! :p

I won't gush anymore... you know the strengths and weaknesses of this thing you have created, I just hope I can make it round to see it someday :)

So, yeah.... What do the neighbors think? :lol

You figured out a functional "batwing" cape yet too? :)

Yea what do your neighbors think? I mean its gotta get a few oooo's and aaahh's from the neighbors........ and the occassional oh my go...... when you run over their kid for climbing on it lol

Nice dude, you are the man! Wanna build me one? lol

Hito

I'm really grooving on the outside shots. Can't wait to see some taken in a more "natural" tumbler setting. :D

Lol, indeed.

here's another... "How does the dept. of motor vehicles feel about you owning a tank?" haha

I am curious though.... When do we get to see the interior of this thing?

One thing funny did happen while I was taking pictures, a elderly neigbor lady came over and was just flipping out. This was the first time anyone in the neighborhood actually did this. Most of the time they just go by sort of uninterested.
don't know how the rest of the area will react. I will probaly only drive it at night. At some point somehow, I do want to get it into a big city for some shots. I don't know how I will do that yet, but it's a must.
Today was a lucky day with the weather, now when I get the suit finished, I will have no problem getting it back out. I'm sure there will be more snow soon, but the foam latex batsuit is so hot, that I should actually be comfortable in 20deg weather.

Bob, as always, your work is simply stunning. i agree with an earlier post: I think people are just too shocked to know what to say. You're posting pictures of an engineering marvel on a forum that had a 20 page thread about converting a 5 dollar captain jack sparrow compass :) that's your competition. I think that tumbler is just so stunningly beautiful that we don't know what to do with it!!!

the pic of you in the ninja suit is awesome too. It's the whole package!!!! Keep postin' those pics!!!

That is the awesomest awesome that ever awesomed.

I'm stunned.

BTW -- is the "Ninja" sword a "found" item? Is that one screen accurate?

i know its most likely a dumb question, but is it street legal, can a homemade car even BE street legal? i know you built it yourself but how much has it cost to build this? its absolutly amazing the things that some people can make out of nothing...... i cant even put a model car together without it looking like crap

Phenomenal work.

That car should only be driven at night. It's only proper, really.

Is the visibility as awkward as it seems? Talk about a blind spot(s)!

Nick

I'm assuming you must be in the midwest as this weekend we had unseasonably warm weather. Would love to see that in person if you are in the region! Awesome work! Understanding the logistics that go into a customized vehicle make it look all the sweeter!:love

I bet that it can drive up walls too....simply fantastic!!! Unbelievable work!

BTW...are those Super Swampers on the rear?!

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back