props you will never sell?

Any of my current Vader Helmets... Or the costume really... Such a long time putting it together.

Scan.jpg

Everything has a price.

EVERYTHING.

A few years back my dad asked me the same question. I told him that there were a couple. He asked if someone offered me $10,000.00 dollars for my MR Neurolyzer, would I sell it then? Of course I said yes. Then to prove a point I said that I would never sell my gold Saint Christopher medal that my grandfather used to wear then was given to my dad which he gave to me. THAT has no price. He asked me if I would sell it for $10,000.00 and I said no way. He asked if I would sell it for $50,000.000 and I still said no.
Then he called me an idiot and went in the kitchen and made himself a sandwich.

My point being everything listed in this thread is for sale, someone just has to offer the right price. That screen used ANH hero Vader helmet that you would never sell for any price...if someone offered you 20 million for it, oh, yeah, you'd sell it. If you think you wouldn't you're kidding yourself.

Everything has a price.

EVERYTHING.

100% agree with you. I said above I would never sell my Highlander(1986) Ramirez/Connor MacLeod Katana. It's a 1:1 repro casted from the screen used Hero sword. I don't want to sell it, but if someone offers me $4k for example. I would have to say yes to that. I have bills and needs like every other human being. I don't want to sell it, I'm not planning to and I hope I never have to, it's got too much sentimental value and I'm very attached to it, but if I had to sell it, it won't be for cheap that for sure.

Last edited:
Somethings you cant put a price on. Have the sidshow weta original Cave Troll and balrog cant see me selling them till im old.

You can put a price on anything. It's just the amount where you will 'crack' that varies.

If you don't believe that, (and this is not start an argument or offend you in any way and if I do I apologise in advance), then you are not being realistic at all.

Weta original Cave Troll. I'm a mad billionaire, and I offer you $1,000,000 for it.

If you can refuse that, I will be pleased to give you my bank account number for some of your pocket change please :lol

I think if you know you can reacquire a piece one day, you are willing to part with it. But if it's a screen used piece, a one off, and it's from your favourite movie, parting with it is extremely difficult. It's the reason why people hold onto their screen used Star Wars helmets, or pay the equivalent of a house for one.

My Miniature Floor tiles from the dropship bay , From Aliens , also a couple of eggs and blue prints from Alien 3, and an unused prototype face mask for the Alien 3 commando's signed by Mr Terry English himself..!

You can put a price on anything. It's just the amount where you will 'crack' that varies.

If you don't believe that, (and this is not start an argument or offend you in any way and if I do I apologise in advance), then you are not being realistic at all.

Weta original Cave Troll. I'm a mad billionaire, and I offer you $1,000,000 for it.

If you can refuse that, I will be pleased to give you my bank account number for some of your pocket change please :lol

I meant you cant put a price on something like a pen knife my grandad gave me years ago what he used in World war 2. sentimental things. But yeah if someone offered me 3 grand for the cave troll i would take it. Would depend on how much i wanted the cash for things that mean something to me.

My ICONS Loki mask. It was my first prop replica and it has way too much sentimental value. Besides, with the super inexpensive recasts that are readily available on Ebay, I don't think I could get anything substantial from selling it anyway.

You could get decent money for it . I sold mine a few years back and got around 800 . They just NEVER surface for sale. I did see one sell for 1k it was number 1 but still you would be surprised how may collectors want them.
You would get 500 easy . The market was much stronger then but some Icons stuff still gets up there .

He was at a museum event a couple years back. As a VIP guest, got an individual picture with him and spent a couple minutes talking with him. It was a monumental day! :thumbsup

I have no less than 4 signed items, including a Raiders idol! That would be the second item on my list:

idol_signed.jpg

How did you get a original signiture by Harrison? awesome

In the almost 10 years I've been on the RPF I've only sold 3 pieces in my collection. A Parks Graflex to cenobyte, a Parks MPP to GINO, and a real British rifle grenade to Anakin Starkiller. other then that I've bought pieces and collected.

I think if the chips were down and my family needed the money, I would be willing to sell anything in my collection except one piece- my real parts Obi-Wan lightsaber. I'm looking forward to passing this one down to one of my kids someday, probably my daughter. Like Funky said, I guess if someone offered me stupid money for it I'd sell it knowing I could re-buy those parts and still have a profit, but it would have to be really stupid money for me to part with it.

1_obi022_copy-vi.jpg

Thats a awesome moment to have, I'd probably pass out I'd be like "I'ts Indy" What was he like to talk to what did you say to him? Wish he was in the uk sometime.

How much is a actual genuine Ford sig worth?

He was at a museum event a couple years back. As a VIP guest, got an individual picture with him and spent a couple minutes talking with him. It was a monumental day! :thumbsup

I have no less than 4 signed items, including a Raiders idol! That would be the second item on my list:

idol_signed.jpg

Like many collectors there are different reasons for keeping and letting go. For me one of my "Never let go" is my life size Silver Surfer. I tried to buy it and then the ex walked out on me of course leaving me with all the debt and madness of a divorce. I had to tell the seller that I could buy it but if she had it in her heart to hold on to it for me I would send money every month. She told me to contact her when I had the cash. I kept her updated monthly but being forced into a BK and dealing with the evil one, there was no cash to be given. 9 months later I contacted here and told her I had the cash, I sent it to her. One week later she called and told me for some reason she could tell I was a good person and that I was gong through a hard time and deserved a break. She told me that she was going to give me the Surfer for free all I had to do is pay for S/H. I was floored. I loved the piece but to be honest and not to be all mushy but when I look at him it convinces me that there are kind people left in the world.

Last edited:
Like many collectors there are different reasons for keeping and letting go. For me one of my "Never let go" is my life size Silver Surfer. I tried to buy it and then the ex walked out on me of course leaving me with all the debt and madness of a divorce. I had to tell the seller that I could buy it but if she had it in her heart to hold on to it for me I would send money every month. She told me to contact her when I had the cash. I kept her updated monthly but being forced into a BK and dealing with the evil one, there was no cash to be given. 9 months later I contacted here and told her I had the cash, I sent it to her. One week later she called and told me for some reason she could tell I was a good person and that I was gong through a hard time and deserved a break. She told me that she was going to give me the Surfer for free all I had to do is pay for S/H. I was floored. I loved the piece but to be honest and not to be all mushy but when I look at him it convinces me that there are kind people left in the world.

that was pretty generous to say the least, good score.

-z

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back