props you will never sell?

I don't believe anyone when they say they'd never sell. Every man has his price.

That said, it'll take a lot of coinage to prize this out of my hands:

:cool

In a few weeks I'll finally have my pair of custom commissioned forged bronze Batman Begins gauntlets. I've been waiting on the smith to finish these for 9 months, and they are my "holy grail" piece. Before I decided to go all the way on a Batsuit, I wanted these. They also cost a ton, so I doubt I would ever recoup my money fully if I sold them. They are extra special to me since I learned there never were any real metal gauntlets in the movie, just a lot of convincing rubber and sound effects.

IMGP4216.JPG

Antoni Feldon made them in Germany, and right now Tony Swatton is holding onto them until I complete the payment. It's going to stretch my budget for a few weeks, but I'll live.

Hmmm . . . Also, "never say never" but it would take a lot for me to part with my STARFIGHTER cabinet, Andromeda Strain helmet, or any of the robots.

Doc

I don't see myself ever selling the screen used Ultraviolet props I have.(metal sign,security badges and name tag) Mostly because they're the first originals I've owned.:)

:)Definetely my 1977 Live Action Spiderman costume (Eaves Brooks). Last one I missed out on went for $10,000 in Las Vegas, so I reckon this one's going to the grave with me.
spidermanhammond.jpg

fgun.jpg

The only working Staff gun left from the STARGATE Movie.

I love it.

And...an assortment of other stuff....

My Doctor Who props. So far I only have the three and one on the way.
DW props aren't near the dime a dozen that some other props are. Nothing against those props, but they are easier to find. That and I'm a big Doctor Who fan.

I've already sold more things than I ever thought I'd sell. Including the grails.

I wish I could be that certain about the economy, my job, my state of obsession over whatever I like, etc. But I can't. I just make it and keep it for a while until I'm done with it and then I let it go.

-G

My Luke ANH Graflex. Wanted a lightsaber for more than 20 years before knowing there even was such a thing as a Graflex. Once I knew, I started hitting up every camera store and swap I could to get one (this was back in the day when they were going for $300-$400 on eBay, which I wouldn't pay).
I was on a business trip at a conference and during the lunch break I took a walk and came across an old camera store that looked like a tornado had swept through it. Stuff was everywhere. There were a few press cameras on the shelf, so I asked the young girl behind the counter if she had flashes for them. She picked up something and put it down and then grabbed a Kalart flash. I said "that's not it, what about that other one?" and she grabbed the "other one" and put it on the counter. After 20 years, there it was, man, like it was waiting for me to come and get it. It was unbelievable.
I asked the price and she just shrugged her shoulders and said, "How about ten bucks." I said, "fine."
When I saw Star Wars back in '77 I thought that saber was the coolest thing I'd ever seen, and I still do. I'll never sell it.

Whoa! PD, that's almost exactly my story too. Even down to buying one at a camera store while on a business trip!

-- Tim

There's some props that I will never sell. Like my staffs I got from the Local Renaissance Faire. Both of them were given to me, My Medieval Sword used for Stage Combat that my brother gave me. A sword that looks almost like a Bat'leth and a real katana my sister give me for Christmas a couple of years ago. Then there's the toy guns that I've painted and modified to look real. I'll never sell them.

I've had numerous things that I thought I would NEVER sell. But life does have a way of throwing us curveballs from time to time, so my collection has been severely thinned through the years.

Now having said that, I do have one prop that I will most likely keep for the long run.

It is an original Viscount light like those that were used for R2-D2's holoprojectors. I happened to have it with me the first time that I met Don Bies, and he signed it "Jason, keep an EYE on this"...

I just don't see that one going away :)

Jason

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back