props you will never sell?

I've already sold off most of what I do have just cause I needed money, but the one that I would never sell is my Goonies Map a board member made here a few years ago, has to be my favorite film when I was younger and don't wanna give it up. And when one is available and I can afford to have one, a metal new series Sonic Screwdriver.

I've already sold off most of what I do have just cause I needed money, but the one that I would never sell is my Goonies Map a board member made here a few years ago, has to be my favorite film when I was younger and don't wanna give it up. And when one is available and I can afford to have one, a metal new series Sonic Screwdriver.

Funny... I was just in Cannon Beach on vacation this weekend and I couldn't help, but bring mine along made by Indy Props:

goonies1.jpg

We visited a few of the Goonies Locations too and I would have to say it's one of my favorite childhood movies too. Felt like a dork holding that out yesterday, but I couldn't help it, HAHAH!

I really only have a few lightsabers at the moment, so I really don't plan on selling them at all. Most are in storage. I need room to properly display them.

Funny story. My son grew up around my movie and sci-fi obsession but he never got into it. He was mostly into sports which I’ve always supported. He’s now 19 and getting ready to go to college, though not the one he wants to go to. His first choice is a VERY expensive college that I simply cannot afford, though the one he will be going to is a very good school in it’s own right. When I told him that I couldn’t afford his first choice, he suggested that I sell my “crap” so he could go to the high dollar school.
I told him I didn’t love him that much. :lol

My Luke ANH Graflex. Wanted a lightsaber for more than 20 years before knowing there even was such a thing as a Graflex. Once I knew, I started hitting up every camera store and swap I could to get one (this was back in the day when they were going for $300-$400 on eBay, which I wouldn't pay).
I was on a business trip at a conference and during the lunch break I took a walk and came across an old camera store that looked like a tornado had swept through it. Stuff was everywhere. There were a few press cameras on the shelf, so I asked the young girl behind the counter if she had flashes for them. She picked up something and put it down and then grabbed a Kalart flash. I said "that's not it, what about that other one?" and she grabbed the "other one" and put it on the counter. After 20 years, there it was, man, like it was waiting for me to come and get it. It was unbelievable.
I asked the price and she just shrugged her shoulders and said, "How about ten bucks." I said, "fine."
When I saw Star Wars back in '77 I thought that saber was the coolest thing I'd ever seen, and I still do. I'll never sell it.

Funny... I was just in Cannon Beach on vacation this weekend and I couldn't help, but bring mine along made by Indy Props:

goonies1.jpg

We visited a few of the Goonies Locations too and I would have to say it's one of my favorite childhood movies too. Felt like a dork holding that out yesterday, but I couldn't help it, HAHAH!

Where are those spots, exactly?

i had a bunch of sabers from all the movies..and the blasters as well and even helmets..most of it sold as I made the decision to stay strictly on a focus of ANH only...and then only Iconic pieces..luke saber, obi saber..eventually a vader saber..made from real parts or close to..

just sold my MR y-wing figuring I would NEVER do it, but never say never...

My WAMPA/Prop Replicator Grail Diary. Love that thing.

As for me? There are a few pieces I don't PLAN on selling, but there is always the possibility that something will come along to alter my perspective on a piece.

Currently, two pieces I'm pretty attached to are my screen used Snaggletooth costume from Star Wars and my screen used Tick costume from The Tick live action series.

Tom

BTW - someone PM a mod... this should really be in the PROP forum! It's very much on-topic :)

SnaggleDisplay.jpg

Tickweb.jpg

I would go with my PropReplicator sorcerors stone. Even the green bits he sent me as "kryptonite" have a special place in my collection.

My green donner crystal (got mine left, and I am being buried with it).

More than likely the returns crystal set I finished up since I don't have the 3d artwork anymore and I am not sitting and going through HD screencaps till my eyes bleed AGAIN.

My vaseline glass ring. A friend made it years ago, and it's awesome, and he isn't making jewelry anymore as he retired.

I guess most of my stuff is just sentimental but hey, I am a mushy hearted guy, what can I say.

My Magnoli Grail Diary...though in close second is my Golden Idol (Again by Magnoli)

:$ Thanks!

I'm with Al... my Red Book of Westmarch is a special piece, not just as a prop but a true sign of on-line fellowship. Everything else is expendable.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back