Stormtrooper Helmet Interiors...Visual Dictionary??

Jedifyfe

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Has anyone ever made a 1:1 scale bucket that resembles the Visual Dictionary helmet? I think it would be damn cool..unwearable, but damn cool.

Also do you guys think that Lucas okay'd this picture before he knew what the clones would look like...ie human? Because there is no way a human head could fit in this helmet...

9_sm.jpg

19e4_1.JPG

Last edited:
Yes, I did years ago, but sold it since to "rudolpht" who is a member here. While it wasn't a perfect replica of the Vis. Dic., it was certainly inspired from it. It had dual fans with dual 9v batteries operated by a SPDT swith in the front peice worked into the overall design. It was my first scratchbuild and first helmet interior....I thought it turned out well. I saved all of my pics for just such a thread:)

EDIT:...one last thing....this helmet was/is wearable and I did on many occasions. It was much heavier, but wearable nonetheless.

img_00652.jpg

img_00642.jpg

img_00632.jpg

img_00622.jpg

img_00612.jpg

img_00602.jpg

img_00592.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys:) As long as I'm showing off my bucket buildups, I might as well show both of them. This is my MSH Boba Fett helmet, which I still own and is proudly display atop my ESB Fett mannequin. The main components of the right/left ears, rear keyhole peice, and tan peices on either side, plus the top peice are from the kit that Marrow Sun did some time ago. I fit it into my bucket and customized it further with the addition of real world "greeblies" and used artificial snow to make the interior and such look like cast metal in areas. I then lined it with faux leather for a more finished look. It turned out better than planned and it's only a shame that nobody ever sees it as its displayed.....

EDIT:...this one is wearable too. It was inspired by the famous Riddell mini helmets' interior.

Enjoy the pics...

img_01672.jpg

img_01652.jpg

img_01642.jpg

img_01632.jpg

img_01602.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, here's a few of the exterior...crappy, but they're all I have. M= Movie, S= Sized, H= Helmet. The Mystery Helmet you mentioned is another helmet entirely and is supposed to have "lineage" (using this term very loosely) to an original helmet. The "MSH" is a fan sculpt done some 5ish years ago by natty15d, who is also a member here.

img_01692.jpg

Myhelmet212.jpg

myhelmet292.jpg

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back