Serenity... Firefly class transport ship project.

Wasn't the original clay model, and possibly the paper mockup, around 1/72?
I'm just guesstimating that from a pair of plyers that happened to be in the pic

That however, might be on the big side. Even for me :eek

BIG is gooooooooood for this model.
Get "Cardboard" (Scott) to do a detailed bridge interior and maybe a cargo bay and you'd have a really kewl Firefly named Serenity..
I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

since Studio Scale is massive, and it doesn't look like anyone is going to attempt that, a smaller version would be general modeling, so I've moved this thread.

Originally posted by Darth Brass@Dec 24 2005, 06:52 AM
I know I keep saying this, but I'd be thrilled with an "ornament-sized" Serenity.
[snapback]1142887[/snapback]​
From there to the VW sized one. Or Anywhere between, would cause me great joy
:love

:D sure thing, check on over at www.minimodelmadness.com its only $20. Its their best seller aparently

PICFirefly.jpg

I got a nice little model of Fhlosten Paradise from the Fifth Element a little while back on there too and there's plenty of other pretty cool ships from various things.

those two pictures arent going to match up as there were two different versions of Serenity in Firefly. The model is based on the second version and the picture for reference is the first version, that being said, it still is not a very accurate model

So it is. Here's the version the model is based on:
wallpaper-firefly-montage.jpg

Nobodies boasting accuracy on this model, but its a well made kit and a nice little thing to display as nobody else has tackled it.

wow, that's..... not.. very detailed. :p I'm looking into making a 1/144 scale V2 Firefly kit. I'm unsure about how to kit really tiny details though (antennas, etc.)

How detailed of a 16" kit do people expect? I'm not too familiar with modeling standards.

Originally posted by synasp@Dec 24 2005, 07:41 PM
wow, that's..... not.. very detailed. :p I'm looking into making a 1/144 scale V2 Firefly kit. I'm unsure about how to kit really tiny details though (antennas, etc.)

How detailed of a 16" kit do people expect? I'm not too familiar with modeling standards.
[snapback]1143129[/snapback]​

:lol No it surely isnt very detailed :lol

I personally wouldnt be expecting every little antenna and near impossible minute detail on a 16" model, but a fair level of detail with all the outer panels that cover the ship visable would suit me down to the ground

Originally posted by Guardian Devil@Dec 24 2005, 11:30 AM
So it is. Here's the version the model is based on:
wallpaper-firefly-montage.jpg

Nobodies boasting accuracy on this model, but its a well made kit and a nice little thing to display as nobody else has tackled it.
[snapback]1143120[/snapback]​

Any finished pics out there?

Originally posted by synasp@Dec 24 2005, 07:41 PM
How detailed of a 16" kit do people expect?
[snapback]1143129[/snapback]​

I'm sure most people have seen this from the Firefly special features, so here's just a little bump with a picture of what kind of thing I'd love to see come from the model if it gets made.

Serenityship.jpg

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back