Unproduced sword replicas-What would you collect?

I would like to see the Narnia dagger from the first movie and the new sword from Prince of Caspian.

Lone Wolf's blade from 'Shogun Assassin', the two funky looking katanas from the final duel in the movie 'Versus' and the completely ridiculous but awesome guitar sword used by Guitar Wolf to slice open the mothership at the end of 'Wild Zero'. They'd do me just fine!:)

I always thought The Thundercats "Sword of Omens" might actually be doable since it looks like a decorated reasonably functional sword. No gigantic weird shaped blade like so many animes out there. I also would like to see an actually accurate Kill Bill Bride sword and Green Destiny. And I really do like the idea of swords from Hidalgo mostly because it is almost impossible to find any decent replica Scimitars or saifs that are not just stupid fantasy looking.
Oh and howabout some of the Baskethilts from the movie Rob Roy?

Hey Snoose lemme know if you ever find the Highlander lol. It would be my holy grail lol.

Detroit, I think Generation 2 is doing another run of their Excalibur.

Check the Bud-k website. They had a sword by Kit Rae on there when I got their e-mail flyer.Looks nice.

Anybody remember the sword used by Patrick Swayze as the ninja nomad in Steel Dawn? That was a pretty cool looking piece of kit with the concealed spike in the handle. Man does it make me feel old remembering how much I wanted one of those at one time..........

Anybody remember the sword used by Patrick Swayze as the ninja nomad in Steel Dawn? That was a pretty cool looking piece of kit with the concealed spike in the handle. Man does it make me feel old remembering how much I wanted one of those at one time..........

I know what you mean. I was already married for 7-8 years when Steel Dawn came out, and I wanted that sword as well, and a RAMBO knife replica for that matter. The sword didn't exist, and I didn't have the money for the knife..lol

steel-dawn.jpg

There have actually been a few commercial Rambo knives over the years.

But so far most of the swords I liked have been sold in some form or another. Sword from Sleepy Hollow was one. There is actually a very good Zelda Master sword sold on ebay these days. It's much more fragile than I like but it is still a very accurate replica. But they really should try harder with the He-Man and Thundercats swords, the ones on ebay suck. Crappy polyresin hilts on tap welded rat tail tang stainless blades. ugh......
What I would like is an actually accurate and well crafted Hanzo Bride sword, Green Destiny, Carbon steel Sword of Omens (for a cartoon sword it is actually kind of a nice broadsword) and maybe a carbon steel Connor Macleod Masamune.

And the sword from the cover of Zelda 2 on NES too, but I just like Zelda stuff in general...

Djinn on the topic of the Macleod Masamune, its nearly a impossibility to find an exact one. The most affordable is Sal's Genai at pointgallery.com but as far as screen accurate well I have chased that dream for a long time...

I wish I had picked up a Sleepy Hollow, I heard Factory X made a good copy of it but now they are hard to find.

I wish I had picked up a Sleepy Hollow, I heard Factory X made a good copy of it but now they are hard to find.
I was able to score one, and it is a really nice replica... I haven't compared to the movie yet... But it seems quite accurate, and the wall hanger has a nice design too...

I think that Factory X stopped making them once Albion got the license for it. I wish I had picked one up. Is it carbon or stainless steel?

My highest vote is placed for the Musketer rapiers from both the Disney version as well as the two original films more then anything.
Its usually a 7 or 11 bar cage rapier as I recall.

FWIW: The hilts on the 'rapiers' from the Lester musketeer movies (is that what you mean by 'original' films?) were mostly of the clamshell type, except a few here and there which were standard types which looked very much like the cast hilts which were available from a replica company at the time--i.e. the 'presentation' sword with hidden dagger which Buckingham gives to D'artagnan looked very much like their bronze 3-ring hilt.

Then there are the wonderfully odd ones in the opening credits, which have a hilt style I have never seen on a rapier but rather on heavier swords of the era, just for fun here's a screen cap of those:

ra3muskcred2ah.jpg

The swords in the Lester movies were made by a sword guy of that time by the name of Kolombatovich.

Two swords that I'd buy in a heartbeat if they were available are the sword of Domingo Montoya from Princess Bride, and Albion from Robin of Sherwood.

Yea I wish there was an affordable Montoya, unfortunately there is only the version by Paul Macdonald and its expensive. But I do have half of a Montoya lol. The Toledo Salamanca is the Montoya rapier with only one side of the guard lol.

Never seen the Robin of Sherwood sword though, got a pic?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back