OK, Which is the Best PKD Available?

I'm sure you'll get a lot of different opinions on this, but I think Rich Coyle's new 'Worldcon' version looks fantastic.
I have one of his v.4.x models, and if I could afford it, I'd upgrade.

The coyle worldcon is the way to go, its the most highly detailed, and accurate version there is on the market, The full metal versions run about $850 and the resin/metal go for about $450 I believe, then you could go for his version 4.8, I own one of them and its fantastic, I believe there's one on the bay right now. Then you could go for Rick Ross's peices, they are absolutely beautiful, not 100% accurate, but it dosent matter, he brings them to a whole nother level!!!
Check the propsummit, you can get all the info you need there!

Well, Rick Ross' work is MUCH less pricey, but Richard Coyle's work comes to you built, ready to display. Rick sends you a rough kit that needs to be put together.

That's certainly a factor for some folks.

And Rich doesn't call his the PKD either. Rick started that trend, and it's really become the blanket under which BR blaster are referenced.

As for the "best" PKD, man it's all opinion. I like my hartford models because they fire "blanks", and I love my Coyle blasters because they are cast from the same models of guns used to make the screen hero. I love the Rick Ross blasters because they are affordable, and loads and loads of fun to build, and Rick has such a passion for the film, he sculpted and created his own masters from screen still, and a paused VHS version of the movie!

:) That's bada$$ in my opinion.

As for the "best" PKD, man it's all opinion. I like my hartford models because they fire "blanks", and I love my Coyle blasters because they are cast from the same models of guns used to make the screen hero. I love the Rick Ross blasters because they are affordable, and loads and loads of fun to build, and Rick has such a passion for the film, he sculpted and created his own masters from screen still, and a paused VHS version of the movie!

:) That's bada$$ in my opinion.

Beautifully put, I think my favorite piece's are Rick's Snub Nose & Magnum!!!

Well, I know that I want as screen accurate as possible with lots of moving parts, metal parts, etc.

As an airsoft enthusiast, the Hartford is truly awesome, but chances are slim as the one I was watching on Ebay last night got snagged already.

Does the Coyle Worldcon feature opening cylinder etc?

Yes, the worldcon does feature all of these, here are a couple pics, these arent mine, but there the best I know of, so if ya want them taken down eagle transporter, let me know! If ya want some more info go here: http://www.racprops.com/AAANew Article/blade_runner.htm

coyle-a-m-6-640.jpg

coyle-a-m-7-640.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure on that one, if anyone that owns one wants to chime in on that it would be great, I'm still saving for mine, on the Coyle V4.8 that I own the trigger works with the hammer but the cylinder dosent spin

The Rick Ross PKDs, particularly his early ones, are not super accurate. People like them because Rick has his own interpretation, and it resonates with some folks.

It's the blaster you thought you saw, the first time you watched the film. That puts it in the same class as the Brad Nelson Phaser... it's its own work of art, but not identical to what was used on the set. In some ways, it's "what it should have looked like".

The "Snub" version is a variation on that theme... the PDK but as a conceptual snub-nose concealable piece. With ivory grips, it makes a nice "Rachel" blaster.

- k

If you want accuracy I suggest you do some scaling of your own as you evaluate the different options. Don't take anyone's word for anything, just do it yourself and see if you are satisfied.

What about the $200 OFFWORLD blaster seen on ebay? looks good -can it be taken apart for repainting etc? surprised its not mentioned in any forum listed here....? any problems shipping to UK?
DAn

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back