Finished up some Studio Scale

Laser Brain

Sr Member
I'm sure you'll agree it is a really exciting time right now for studio scale models. With all thats currently available or on the horizon, I've been 'forced' to get my act together and complete a bunch of projects that have been sitting around in various states, some for a few years now.

32" scratchbuilt Falcon. I've still got some final things to do - some little missing details and the lights, but she's almost done. The cockpit interior and dish are castings from elsewhere, F&M I believe. This has been great fun to build in my spare time at university. I'd guess its about 8 weeks work spread over two years. Grass not to scale.

1138210.jpeg

1206929.jpeg

Studio scale Probe Droid. 99% complete. The lighting has washed some of the weathering away. Awesome kit. Great fun to dirty down.

1276867.jpeg

1339842.jpeg

TIE Fighter. There are a couple of chips that I need to fix up on the wing edges, but they are very small. Excuse the bathroom :$

1391478.jpeg

Colonial Viper. One of Jesse's. Finished this a while back.

1533298.jpeg

Miscellaneous Models Raider. Again, the light has washed the weathering away slightly.

1630524.jpeg

Frank & Moe's Viper. Almost done, just needs a slight light dusting, Starbuck, glazing and some replacement decals.

1752196.jpeg

Cheers
Neil

Im a huge fan of your work, each of these builds are just wonderful.
Been a while since i saw the 32", and you have done a superb job all round.
Love that Probe too, one of my faves!

lee

Great job! However you do lose a brownie point for not have the grass to scale. :lol

Seriously, I like what you've done.

Wow, as a new comer to the SS build world, it is still amazing every time I open up the great book of RPF & see the amazing talent that lies within, one of the best feelings in the world is to be inspired. I am inspired, & am greatfull for it. Its time that people started doing hot tips video's, just like the Guitar players of the 80's but for SS builds instead of 2 handed tapping? you may have to be a guitarist to appreciate that last statement!!

Another genius, we are truly blessed.

Have had a few Pm's....that's Jimmy Eat World behind me!!

Last edited:
AWESOME WORK!

Are those Ikea lamp base? that's what I used, the base is heavy perfect for SS models.

GFollano

Thanks guys. I'm going to be sticking to ss kits for a while. No plans to scratch anything else just yet as I've got a couple of 1:1 scale projects to deal with. I might start something when I graduate.

Steve, Yep, that's why I'm making some bench space at home....its your fault:love

GF, They are similar...from Argos. They are perfect for medium-sized models. The Falcon is on a mic stand.

Hey Zorg, Its in my loft. I'll never finish it. The dimension are a bit off and its smaller than ss. I would like to make another one though.

N

great work Neil as usual, your stuff is top notch, im fortunate to own your ss xwing build up that still takes pride of place in my collection

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back