WIP- Han Solo ANH "FX Blaster"

BrandtFX

Hey all,

Its been forever since I have done any prop building so I decided to start up a new project.

Im scratchbuilding a Han Solo FX blaster. Im using a $0.99 toy mauser and parts from home depot and wal mart to make it.

When its finished, its going to have lights and sounds. And hopefully be pretty decent too.

Im thinking of tearing apart a toy blaster for the sound board but rigging it to a louder speaker, and for the light Im thinking an orange/red car taillight.

So hopefully it will turn out ok. Heres a couple of pics so far.

Heres a shot of the toy mauser pre-paintjob and the parts used to make the flash hider.

IMG_2503.jpg

Heres what it looks like so far.

IMG_2506.jpg

Let me know what you guys think!!

-Mike

If you hadn't told us otherwise, I'd have thought the flash hider was a cast resin piece... Most impressive.

What's the origin of the toy mauser? Looks like something many a board member might like to aquire, if you know what I mean.

What's the origin of the toy mauser? Looks like something many a board member might like to aquire, if you know what I mean.

Kapowwe used to have them--they're the kind that has the clanking/rattling/"flapper" sound when you pull the trigger.

Very undersized as well, but cool for custom work ;)

Just going from memory, I think the body might be a bit wider, but overall smaller. I'll try and get a couple of pics alongside a Denix for reference.

Looks like it's not as bad as I thought...guess the small grip threw me off :confused

Not the best pics, but maybe they'll help some.

MauserCompare1.jpg

MauserCompare2.jpg

I think a neat direction for the prop might be an "accurate toy blaster"...try to make it look like a toy, but a better, nicer version of the "orange brick" of the 90s.

Thanks for the pics toothtech! Ill have to ponder this one for a bit. I think over all If I just extend the handle a bit it miight help the look a bit. I think it should be ok for convention use.

We'll see.

Thanks!

-Mike

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back