Crystal replicas... what would you like to see?

When you get to the point where you can do complex clusters, I may want to talk to you about one of these:

640px-43.jpg

EDIT: Doesn't the crystal skull in House 2 have blue eyes? How will those be attached? Or is my brain just remembering it glowing blue?

Did that one :). Basically they glue the gems in there with some REALLY REALLY strong epoxy.

i was browsing the forums looking for Hellraiser stuff and saw this old thread. i have a pure crystal Hellraiser puzzlebox that i got off eBay for $250 about 10 years ago (so it IS doable). it's the comic faces, though, and the sandblasting is very clean and as precise as sandblasting can be for something this intricate. no internal flaws in the crystal either

That is stunning!!!!! If I can get the artwork done, it shouldn't be a problem to laser it. It'd probably be around the same price though. Shipping on cube is a buttload and a half.

please will you be making the green superman movie crystal and the kryptonite rock with the chain ?

That I can't do in crystal :(. The stone is one "rock" looking cluster, and anything that is that complex of a shape they can't make.

How about the amulet from Dragonslayer?

The stone from Romancing the Stone?

the prehistoric mosquito in amber from Jurassic Park?

Can't recall the amulet, Relicmaker did an awesome run of the Romancing the Stone stones, and there's no way to put a skeeter in a crystal block :) . I have seen (and owned) a pretty kickass replica of the JP rock complete with big skeeter in there. It was amber colored resin. Great piece too.

Actually, I would love to see a display base done for the Superman crystals you have already made based something along the lines of the display you see for the Sideshow piece. Just something that would allow me to lay the crystals up upon for display.

Me too my friend, me too. The problem with the bases is the incredible expense. Unless I did a run of something like 50pcs, it would be well over 300$ a pop for them. I have thought of using a few crystal display ideas, but the main problem is... like affects like. It would be super easy (hah! pun!) to crack or scratch either the crystal or the base when you lay one down. Plexiglass might work a lot better, and it would certainly be a lot cheaper.

The tube crystal from superman returns that lex makes would be awesome...

I made a few of those, and they were heavy, expensive, and not good sellers. The factory could only drill 10mm at a time, and the hole wasn't always centered very well. They came out looking pretty great, but as mentioned above, I would worry about scratching one or the other when trying to put together a display.

I would love to have a shard from THE DARK CRYSTAL casted from the REAL prop.

Relicmaker did a hell of a job on the shard he made. The way crystal works, they can't really take a mold off something and then make it because of shrinkage. What the do is take the measurements, and make a mold our of graphite and aluminum, and then use that for the final pieces. Even out of a mold the pieces aren't identical though, due to polishing and finishing.

I would like to see El Corazon done again. from the Romancing the Stone movie of course.

Again, hit up relicmaker. Dude has talent when it comes to this stuff, and he might have a spare few left over :)

I've already seen a great 1:1 replica of the crystal skull from Indiana Jones here, but I'm always interested in seeing another!

Too complex, and would weigh probably around 40lbs for a finished one :lol

The Cosmic Cube I am having made is going to weigh 5.5lbs, and it's about 9cm squared. The skull is a lot bigger.

When you get to the point where you can do complex clusters, I may want to talk to you about one of these:

640px-43.jpg

When I can do complex forms, I wanna make the brando mask :lol

That thingie too. Always loved the ship.

Chris

Already did a run of those :)

Came out looking great, and starbuc helped a TON with some castings off a screen used piece.

Still gotta build that reader though..

Chris

^^^^^^

- Lana's kryptonite necklace (both green and neutralized)

That's actually very easy to make once you find a source for 14mm or 16mm Swarovski crystal bicones. (I'd have to see something with a good scale measurement to be sure which size, but I know it's larger than what most online shops usually carry) Just get one in emerald and one in crystal. The rest is all standard jewelry findings and chain.

Yes, I've looked into making one myself, why do you ask? :D

'nuther Indy-themed idea....Since it seems highly unlikely that Azuma will make another set of his lighted Sankara stones (and that I REALLY would like a set), how do you feel about giving that project a whirl? :D

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back