TDK Joker costume - anyone working on one?

GeneralFROSTY

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I am already considering my Halloween costume for next year.
Check out my previouse official Halloween 05' 06' and 07' costumes at
www.myspace.com/jimmycosentino
I am really gearing towards doing The Dark Knight style Joker, and as with all my Halloween costumes, accuracy, quality and authenticity is paramount.
I don't have any costuming skills so I am hoping once we get to the realease of TDK, one of our talented costumers will have more visual and technical information to go off of on re-creating this costume.
If anyone else is interested in one of these costumes, give me a HELL YEAH!
-Jimmy 2Step (a.k.a GeneralFrosty)

I saw someone with what I would assume was a TDK joker costume at Supermegafest in massachusetts last weekend. His hair was slicked back, he had weird contact lenses in and the scarsdale smile scar prosthetic.

I really like the design on that shirt. Anyone think there's a chance it's off-the-shelf, or is it custom?

The shirt looks like a 70s vintage print. Which may help in the fabric search. I'm sure the shirt itself was custom made for the film tho, because they usually have several of each costume when filming. I don't see why they would custom print the fabric for one shirt though.

The vest looks to be a silk taffeta. If you prewash it, it gets that crinkle texture to it. Nothing for sure, but from just this one pic, that would be my initial reaction.

When working on this film up in Chicago I really did not take a good look at the fabrics on Heath's cloths. I only walked by him a few times and said hello. He is a real nice guy.

I only wish we were allowed to take pictures. Some of the fantastic things I got to see and touch were just fantastic.

At least I got to be part of this film. I just hope the scene were I am behind Gary Oldman ad Christian Bale, I hope to have some good screen / face time.

Anyways best of luck on making the Joker outfit. It is going to be popular.

Well, according to Gordon in the official trailer, the Joker's clothing is "custom." Maybe that will answer a few questions about the costume.

I like the look of the Ledger version - despite this being a "real world" style Joker, from looks alone it reminds me much more of the comic book character than Jack's joker did.

Here's another shot:

large_Batman%20-%20The%20Joker-d3xjfbwm.jpg

Hi folks,

I m currently in Japan (fらc金g) having a great time. The teens and twens are known for their crazy taste in clothes. The newest thing seem to be oversized elongated shoes, very very similar to the ones I oversized shoes, very very similar to the ones I saw joker teaser pic.

Michael

Hi folks,

I m currently in Japan (fらc金g) having a great time. The teens and twens are known for their crazy taste in clothes. The newest thing seem to be oversized elongated shoes, very very similar to the ones I oversized shoes, very very similar to the ones I saw joker teaser pic.

Michael

Awesome man! Have any pics?

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back