New Luke ROTJ hero lightsaber model-Check out pics

It's going to be a rehash of my old Luke hero lightsaber, with some minor tweaks. Depending on how much people seem to care about FX on my v2 run will probably determine if I go for FX ready or just do a solid hilt.

-best
Dan

I don't really want to go comparing my work to Nickdad's or anyone else's. I don't think that would be very professional or in keeping with the spirit of community that this board it about. He did a fine job with his run and incorporated many of the design elements of the original that I had discovered 10 years ago.

I don't really want to go comparing my work to Nickdad's or anyone else's. I don't think that would be very professional or in keeping with the spirit of community that this board it about. He did a fine job with his run and incorporated many of the design elements of the original that I had discovered 10 years ago.
I understand. I asked the question to figure out if there would be some differences due to new discoveries or updates in the design, like on your new V2. That way, I could know if I should start saving money. You and Nicksdad did a great job on your previous run :)

Envoyé de mon SM-T800 en utilisant Tapatalk

I have one minor tweek to make from my previous design. But, the big difference between the hero and the v2 is that we've had way much more reference material for the hero and for a long time now, so there's not that much more to discover

I missed out on those earlier Hero runs so I don't plan on missing out on this one. Hoping you go for fx with this one too like your upcoming V2. Thanks for the update.

Hey Dan, are you still planning on doing a Hero run in a few months after the V2 and Stunt are finished?? Have you decided if it will be a solid hilt or one with room for electronics? Thanks, can't wait!

Yes. The stunt will probably be in development hell for quite a while. Trying to get it cast has been one headache after another and just keeps costing me money and time.

The hero will be much easier for me. I don't know if I'd do it solid or hollow. It depends what people want really. There already are a dearth of EL luke rotj hero sabers out there, so I might just go for a cheap as chips run of body and control box. But, it might be that there is interest for a warts and all el hero saber. What do you guys think?

Hollow would be great so that the hero control box electronics can be added to mimic the deleted cave scene.

I used to. I got the Yuma version directly from you during the run, but never finished it and sold it a few years back. Now my hero sabers are the Rylo reveal, Nicksdad, and an ILM cast. V2 run 1, V2 run 2, and stormpath stunt to the left. Obi TPM are Darth Hez and the amazing aluminum and delrin one from you in the case.

Attachments

• 99B10B87-F2B1-47F1-95EB-B4DD3F38E935.jpeg
    99B10B87-F2B1-47F1-95EB-B4DD3F38E935.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 226
I vote solid,exact to the actual prop.there's plenty of options for fx sabers,but there are none I'm aware of for what we actually see on screen. I got nicksdads now and he did a great job but the copper neck drives me nuts.its the one part I would change if I could.i would sell that one off and defenatly grab a solid aluminum hero with a sliding circuit card like the deleted scene. If it's hollow I'd probly just keep the one I got with my fingers crossed you would do another run.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back