VADER BELT BOXES

Be careful on wiring the leds. Depending on where you purchase them, the voltage required for each led varies and a 10 ohm resistor is not always the correct one used. Also some leds are brighter than others. You can blow them if not wired correctly. Based on my own observations and experiences. I have used the simple diagram shown above before and its a start but by no means the final word.

GTS072 is right, It's always a good idea to use a current limiting resistor with led's. Otherwise you could burn them out immediately. Also it helps with the life of the led (the brighter it burns, the shorter the life). A quick and simple idea is to use a poteniometer in series with the led's. That way you can adjust the brightness as you see fit.

Richard

Originally posted by vader71@Feb 22 2006, 09:48 PM
Thanks for sharing anouther shot. I enjoy seeing the better Vaders.
:)

Its a motivation to push me to get to the finish line with mine someday. But mine is ANH and as noted there is yet to be a perfect helmet.

Since you mentioned ANH vader, here's a semi recent shot of mine still in progress.

[image]http://www.biovitasteak.com/gino/anh_trooper&vader.jpg[/image]

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back