Y-Wing Building

I can only see 2 out of the four pics...........but it looks very very sweet. Cant wait to see more pics

Steve

I apreciate the kind words guys. Three years in the making.
Not to mention the my first attempt at scratch-building.

I'm roughing a final cockpit (not pictured) at the moment for casting. Why cast the cockpit? Well I it's such a complicated shape that by casting a syrene/ABS master, one will be able to more easily adjust any minor imperfections.

Same for the canopy. A rough master is being built with support inside, so that once cast the support can be cut away. Just an experiment but I am confident at the moment that the end results will be what I expect.

I'll keep you all updated with progress pictures.

Jamie

Thanks Doug. Without a doubt the canopy/nose are the most difficult and awkward srtuctures to build. I've build four so far!!!!

Steve,Dan, Jpolacci, thanks.
Like I said I will post more as I add, modify and build. It takes alot of time. I haven't
finnished one whole section of it yet.
I keep jumping around, keeps me from getting burnt out.
I'd like to get the engines done. They are a pain. Most of the detail used on them are in a large cluster, used differently all over. But one stupid part can't be found to make the cluster whole. Therefor a casting can't be made of it at this time.

Their is also the "donor kit" issue. I haven't found it all YET.
icon16.gif

Darkside,

Excellent work, Jamie! I look forward to seeing more shots. Everything looks quite right by these eyes!

Nathan

Groovy!I like how you blocked it out,nice&clean Boba.I know this is a stupid question,but did you get all yur measurments/demensions from the Chronicals,or did you use other sources?Very nice work Boba....hope my projects start out as nice-John

Who ever heard of a clean Y?
icon_wink.gif

You guys are kicking major BOOTAY!!!

Congrats to both of you, I hope mine will turn out half as good once I get back to it.

Rolando

Thanks everyone. Yes the Chronicles does provide a good source for getting the measurments. Jamie and I have spent many hours on the phone and emailing each other to get the measurments on this sucker right.

What other sources have you used?Chronicles has a small top view of the finished model.....a partial side view to my recollection..and a top/rear overview of the studio model.How many mounting points are you using on yur Boba&Jamie....just the 1 bottom mount...or are you going to have a rear&side mouning pointst as well?Just curious-John

From SW to Indy was used as well as some person pictures I took at MOM.

I have 2 mounting point. One is the main mounting point on the bottom. The other is on the rear, but it is just to be used for painting. If that day ever comes.

The painting will come Boba.....I'm excited for you....your Y-wing is really coming together beautifully...take yur time&take care of that model!I dont wanna hear any horror stories of something happening to it.So..yur main plug ins for the electrical will be on the bottom?If I remember correctly...the ILM model had... 4 mouting points if I'm not mistaken......bottom,rear,.....and either the top,or front of the cockpit where the main cannons are,I dont think there was a side mounting point.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back