ALIEN (1979) motion tracker questions

bhja80.jpg
This looks like some sort of speaker or buzzer.

I don't think this is a breadboard (spacing of the holes isn't right).

Somewhere in a thrift store there is a ice cube tray like that. All i find these days are metal one. That looks like an early plastic one.

I am making a reference book to carry with me when i go junk'n for just props like this. i want to build one screen accurate as well

The teal thing...I've seen it somewhere before, but I can't imagine where.

All I'd need is 30 minutes with the real deal and my camera and we could probably have more than half the things identified in no time.

There are more detailed pictures of that thing that is believed to be a speedometer or some kind of similar device. On the back I'm sure it said CH 4 (as channel 4?) and few more things but nothing yet that helped to identify it. Perhaps it is indeed a speaker... but from where?

The little TV screen is actualy a vewfinder from an old video camera with the flip up eye peice removed. Now to find one and mold it so everyone can have one.

Here is what I believe the little screen to be similar too.

Now guys. Let us see what we can find. We just need one to cast so it it is found let us work together.

Pre-1979 we know. I have asked Labguy already so no need to that again.
he wanted a better picture of the whole thing. but that is all we have.
PCC-49_007.jpg

link to his site
http://www.labguysworld.com/VTR-Museum_002.htm

There are better pictures of this screen posted somewhere else on this very forum. Just a little search guys

DSCF3048.jpg

DSCF3045.jpg

Now... what viewer had those markings? CLN... CN etc? Please let us know what the guy says.

...also, for a previous discussion about another piece...
DSCF3290.jpg

Last edited:
So I suppose that the beeping signal video was actually projected through a 70's video camera installed inside the portable TV? Or was the video just added later? Can you actually play a tape through the viewfinder though? Isn't this a function that only came out in the 90's?
There is a scene when we see the close up of the screen (when Dallas goes into the airducts)... I've always suspected it was a big screen and the details around gave the illusion of the small dimension but then Veronica Cartwright's hand pass near it... so I guess the monitor was really working.

Those markings could have been added by the crew and may not be original.

True, I guess they could be more airfix decals

Last edited:
All of the nutplates that we looked at previously that were that shape were too large. Do you have access to those kinds of parts, Steve?

Here is what I believe the little screen to be similar too.

Now guys. Let us see what we can find. We just need one to cast so it it is found let us work together.

Pre-1979 we know. I have asked Labguy already so no need to that again.
he wanted a better picture of the whole thing. but that is all we have.

Have you sent to Labguy the close-ups I posted? Did he say anything? I don't want to harass the guy if you already asked him, so let us know please.

With all the new people coming to the forum, I figured I'd give this a bump. Never know what someone out there might know :cool

-Fred

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back