We have some talent on this board! showoff of Dark Crystal shard

hydin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
For a long time (since I have been lurking on the boards), one of the props that always gets mentioned as a "Man I want one!" but never really done that often is the Dark Crystal shard.

There was a terrific run a few years ago, and it looked great. No one has really tackled it since then though.

Luckily (for those who are fans of the movie, or just shiny things in general ;)) 2 guys here put in a lot of work, effort, and talent to come up with design specs.

I got in touch with a crystal factory, and lo and behold, we now have a crystal shard made out of crystal!

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

dc1.jpg

dc4.jpg

dc5.jpg

dc7.jpg

dc9.jpg

Thanks for this replica piece (this is just the prototype shown above) goes out to RelicMaker, Hellghost, and JSAuctionService for getting this design looking as sweet as possible.

It's one really complex little shard, but the factory stepped up to the challenge and it looks great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. It should be a purple outside, and a white inside. Generic 2 part box, but still nifty enough to avoid those fingerprint smudges and dust collecting problems if you keep it in there :)

Hey Hydin, any Ideas on a purple led base display, have seen some on Ebay but they seem to rotate through different colors, guessing you have some experience in displaying crystals. lol:)
a floating display would be very effective.

I've been doing some digging around on the forum to see if anyone has made a Crystal Shard from the Dark Crystal. I found lots of old threads but all the attached images don't load.

Has anyone made a really good screen accurate shard? My question is how you get the internal cracking.

I guess I am just curious to see what's out there.

Ben

I've been doing some digging around on the forum to see if anyone has made a Crystal Shard from the Dark Crystal. I found lots of old threads but all the attached images don't load.

Has anyone made a really good screen accurate shard? My question is how you get the internal cracking.

I guess I am just curious to see what's out there.

Ben

I think these pics have been deleted!

The shard is such a beautiful thing. I'll probably have to wait my whole life to find one but it will be worth it :)

Contact RELICMAKER here on the boards :)
I believe he is still selling them and should have a sales thread on these. You can score the best on the market for under $100 ;)

I just found that one, but i only just joined up so i've got to wait the 45 days... hopefully he'll still have one left after that.
Thanks heaps though man :)

I just found that one, but i only just joined up so i've got to wait the 45 days... hopefully he'll still have one left after that.
Thanks heaps though man :)

Actually, it is 45 days and at least 20 posts until you can sell.
The rules allow for new members to buy from sellers right after joining,
But leave the choice up to each seller. So contact RelicMaker.... Just tell him you are new and that you would like to order one. I am sure he will accommodate you ;) plus... He is one of the top ten sellers (to me) here on the RPF. He is not only highly trustworthy, but his product is one of the highest quality pieces you can get on the board. So please, send him a PM.

WTB one myself, and for some reason, I can't even post (though I thought all members could) in the WTB section. SO, if there are any still valid links (preferably with pics that haven't been deleted) I'd love to find out! Thanks!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back