Styrene coated wire

I looked for this at Michael's and the Christmas help didn't have a clue, is there a brand name besides plastruct for this? I am looking for white coated wire.

When replacing the piping on my SS Y I wanted to use such styrene coated wire, but the only source I found was Plastruct. They didn´t have it in all needed diameters though, so I simply inserted thin wire into normal styrene tubing, which worked perfectly and was much cheaper.

What is this stuff? Is it plastic coated wire that is still as flexible? Seems like the coating would crack off if bent too far.
Just curious what you use it for. Replacing piping, got that. Why not just paint regular wire?
Thanks, I love learning about all this stuff.
Happy New Year!

I just dug up my wire... Its fromthe jewelry and craft section. I think they use it to make strings of beads and such. anyway the manufacturer of this:

Hirshberg Schultz & Co., Inc.
Union, NJ 07083

the lable on he package says:
"plastic coated wire"

Its very flexible - its definetly not something I'd use for any kind of stuctural parts as it bends very easy. But bent and glued into place as piping works very nicely, as long as the piping is not "free standing". by this Imea glued along most of its length. the wire I picked up is pretty fine - about 1mm thick I'm not sure what other thicknesses this company makes.

Jedi Dade

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back