Alien / Nostromo Uniforms

Hi everybody!
I recently decided to work on Ash's uniform, aaaand I've got couple questions for you guys, since you are pretty much experts on the subject :)

Full screen accuracy needs back sewn pink cording (available somewhere?). I've back sewn pink piping. Some people sandwich pink piping - which is incorrect.
Where does this come from? I mean is there some confirmed info about it not being sandwiched? just curious becuse I honestly couldn't see it in the movie :/

Also - I noticed that a lot of you are buying t-shirts from dickies for Kane's shirt - could I do the same for Ash's blue shirt? (I'm not going for light green, no matter the source, all I ever saw on the big screen was light blue) ??

I found 2 on dickies' website but since my monitor might be calibrted wrong I don't want to buy the wrong shirt for base material...any help on that? Or should I just go to some shop in search for a material?

Found these:
http://www.dickies.com/mens-clothin...eve-Ultimate-Performance-Work-Shirt-SS300.jsp

http://www.dickies.com/mens-clothing/mens-shirts/Short-Sleeve-Executive-Dress-Shirt-LS502.jsp

Thanks for the help!
I already got the "little thigs" like snap buttons, patches, basic belt (still gonna customize it) - a lot of things ahead of me for my 2nd uniform.

Last edited:
I eventually want to make some Brett trousers. I wonder how well the Dickies would take to dyeing? Then there's the question of color...

if anyone is after a flying jacket, this fella on ebay has one - MOD EDIT: Please do not post ebay links, thanks.

whoops - my apologies. fwiw, it's not me selling it. ;)

Last edited:
I'm going to try to put together one of these costumes for D*C. I'm 6'3" but a slim build. Will I have any luck finding a RAF jacket that will fit me or should I just look for an alternative?

I'm going to try to put together one of these costumes for D*C. I'm 6'3" but a slim build. Will I have any luck finding a RAF jacket that will fit me or should I just look for an alternative?

It really depends on your sizes rather than your height. Size 8 is the top size and typically the best for anyone on this side of the puddle.

However, your shoulder width, sleeve length, chest size all make a big difference when selecting a jacket.

I got a GILDAN tshirt, but I chose KIWI color over Pistachio. To me the shirt color is slightly darker than Pistachio.

SHIRTS-color-test_zpsb1ef2f93.jpg

Also - I noticed that a lot of you are buying t-shirts from dickies for Kane's shirt - could I do the same for Ash's blue shirt? (I'm not going for light green, no matter the source, all I ever saw on the big screen was light blue) ??

Last edited:
This is a very sad story. Back in 1980 (I think). There was an ad in Fangoria or Starlog magazines for a complete set of studio auth. Nostromo crew crest for the uniforms and hats. I ordered one set. I had them at my moms house. About 20 years ago..they just disappeared. My moms house sold a month ago and i went through it with fine tooth comb....sad face. I wish I knew what happened to them.

Hi,here are some of the sizes for the RAF jackets, hope this can help you!

Size 5 To fit Height 172-181cm / Chest 86-96cm
Approx: 5'8"- 5'11" Height / 34"-38" Chest

Size 6 To fit Height 172-180cm / Chest 99-107cm
Approx: 5'8"- 5'11" Height / 39"-42" Chest

Size 7 To fit Height 182-190cm/ Chest 90-100cm

Size 8 To fit Height 182-190cm / Chest 100-110cm
Approx: 6'- 6'3" Height / 39"-44" Chest

- - - Updated - - -

It really depends on your sizes rather than your height. Size 8 is the top size and typically the best for anyone on this side of the puddle.

However, your shoulder width, sleeve length, chest size all make a big difference when selecting a jacket.

Hi,here are some of the sizes for the RAF jackets, hope this can help you!

Size 5 To fit Height 172-181cm / Chest 86-96cm
Approx: 5'8"- 5'11" Height / 34"-38" Chest

Size 6 To fit Height 172-180cm / Chest 99-107cm
Approx: 5'8"- 5'11" Height / 39"-42" Chest

Size 7 To fit Height 182-190cm/ Chest 90-100cm

Size 8 To fit Height 182-190cm / Chest 100-110cm
Approx: 6'- 6'3" Height / 39"-44" Chest

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back