Robin Williams Jacket in "August Rush"

CGClone

Sr Member
Ever since I saw the trailer for August Rush, I fell in love with the leather jacket Robin Williams is wearing for most of it. (yea yea, he took his cues from Bono, but the jacket is cool to me)

photo_03_hires.jpg

225x90-02.jpg

backshoulders.jpg

photo_24_hires.jpg

photo_23_hires.jpg

Does anyone have any leads or ideas on this jacket? I would love to get my hands on something very similar. I am sure it was made for production, ut I thought I would put it out there.

With more screen grabs (especially of the cut-out work), I may be able to replicate this for you. I imagine it would end up being quite expensive due to being labor-intensive, but we can discuss it if you want. Drop me a line...

Kind regards,
Magnoli

With more screen grabs (especially of the cut-out work), I may be able to replicate this for you. I imagine it would end up being quite expensive due to being labor-intensive, but we can discuss it if you want. Drop me a line...

Kind regards,
Magnoli

I may do that, if nothing becomes available after the movie release, info wise.

You care to gander a ballpark price?

The other day I was looking through a Robb Report Motorcycling(with a bike called Notorious on the cover). There was an advertisement or article, I can't remember which, for Gianfranco Ferre that had a brown leather blazer with the same kind of embroidery. May be a possibility.

The other day I was looking through a Robb Report Motorcycling(with a bike called Notorious on the cover). There was an advertisement or article, I can't remember which, for Gianfranco Ferre that had a brown leather blazer with the same kind of embroidery. May be a possibility.

Finally saw this jacket you referred to in the RR Mag, its a neat jacket but not really close, and probably costs a fortune.

Great site, and the 3 button blazer and the heavy duty blazer fit the bill better. robins jacket is a 3 button, with tuckable front pocket flaps.

Now for $79, I could order two jackets, use one for material and just get my own tan for underneath, and weather...hmmmm.

Jayn, thanks for the link!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back