TMP IRON MAN - New Photos Feb 2011. Page 72.

Re: Iron Man Costume. TMP. NEW MAY PHOTOS NEW HELMET & LEGS PAGE 92.

This just gets better by the minute, I can't wait to see more progress.
I'll keep saving my pennies and one day I hope to get one of these suits from you.
Your work is AMAZING!

Great new updates TMP, thanks a lot. Can't wait for my costume to be completed.

I have received the boots to get some more height.
I've got most of my leds ready to start my "eyes" and " hand beam"...

DJ

TMP, your suit is incredible. If you don't mind me asking did you leave extra room in the pieces or are they pretty tight on you?

Great job man.

will this new suit fit someone of average (RDJ) height around 5'9 or does one still have to be over 6'2?

The New version will be a bit more tight. However note Downey jr never wore the complete suit. He was simply to short. The men wearing it was arround 6.1-6-2 tall.

I point out again a person 5.9 can wear the suit, but he need boots with high sole and heel raisers.

The trick is to raise the heel, this is what elongate your legs. If you only add on the sole your legs stay same lenght but you just get your self raised over the ground. The trick is to use both sole and heel.

With the heel it lifts your leg joints upwards allowing you to get the longer legs. Just like the girls. A person 6.1 dont need the heel inserts. But if he does then he will look better. A person 5.9 must have heel inserts then he looks like the person 6.1 without.
If the 5.9 person use heel inserts + high sole then he will get up to 6.2-6.3 maybe.

NOTE! This time we focus on look noot on wide size range. This will not be as big, it will have a smaller chest, not as wide waist. Overall more lean.

This just gets better by the minute, I can't wait to see more progress.
I'll keep saving my pennies and one day I hope to get one of these suits from you.
Your work is AMAZING!

BTW... Whould you be interested in us using your heads on the statue when it is finished. I whould love to have the downey Jr head as replaceable with our ironman helmet. Let me know if this is of intrest.

Greetings All,

I just joined but I've been a lurker for quite some time. I just got my TMP masterpiece and just wanted to thank all of you for the wonderful suggestions and help. Last year I made a mini ARC and dressed-up for Halloween as Tony Stark. I incorporated the ARC I made into the TMP suit and it fits perfectly. I just wanted to post some pics and see what you all thought. Keep in mind, all I did was remove the white plastic and placed mine in without securing it.

Greetings All,

I just joined but I've been a lurker for quite some time. I just got my TMP masterpiece and just wanted to thank all of you for the wonderful suggestions and help. Last year I made a mini ARC and dressed-up for Halloween as Tony Stark. I incorporated the ARC I made into the TMP suit and it fits perfectly. I just wanted to post some pics and see what you all thought. Keep in mind, all I did was remove the white plastic and placed mine in without securing it.

Welcome firemedic :thumbsup... But who are you ... Are you Richie from Colorado?

The New version will be a bit more tight. However note Downey jr never wore the complete suit. He was simply to short. The men wearing it was around 6.1-6-2 tall.

True, he never wore the full suit, but he wore everything from the knees up and it all fit him proportionately with no modification. That is what I am wondering. I am thinking if the suit will look proportionate on someone 5'9 then the easiest thing would be to take out a section in the shins to compensate for the height differential. If thats the case, I am very much looking forward to this new version of the suit.

Yes John, aka TMP. It's Richie from Colorado, USA. I'm away from home for the next week or so, but I'm so looking forward to personalizing the masterpiece you made for me. I've got some ideas and I promise to post pictures, questions, and suggestions on this fantastic forum.

:thumbsup

Great news everybody, reading about all your projects makes the wait for my costume easier. Looking at all the improvements and handy input on height issues for example. I look very much forward to the costume TMP, please keep me informed on the overall progress of the new model and time estimate, in the meantime I read the forum daily and would like to thank you guys for all the great stories.

DJ

Thanks for the post. I forgot about the bake clay for some of the pieces. Some of those craft clays come with a silver or steel finish you can paint on. Man...cant wait to get back to town and start really adding to this thread.

Here is a little update on the NEW Generation 3 Ironman sculp:

Photos deleted in wait of watermark.

• The chest is just about to get sculpted then the back will follow.
  • The helmet you se is the Version 8 and will be the final... I said that 7 times before i think.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back