TMP IRON MAN - New Photos Feb 2011. Page 72.

Re: Iron Man COSTUME. UPDATE 29.11.07 Page 8.

very nice... and from earlyer pics it apears you made your molds using glass fiber and a gelcoat, I am assuming.

If you wear that to the Premire of the movie no one will see the movie.:lol
Heck a real Iron Man. The cameras are going to be going off like crazy. The suit is really looking fantastic.:thumbsup

casted up all the armor parts on the following pieces:

Upper armor, midsection, legs.
These are now beeing sanded down, and adding the final details to it.

Then they will be molded and ffrom that we will have the end ressult.
This makes it allot easier to make a cleaner and sharper detailed cast.

New features:

I said before i plan to make 2 versions. :lol:love

1. Movie version (as shown in photos on page 8) :)
Movie crotch as seen on page 8. and the rest of the movie features.

2. Custom inspired version (Civil war mix with movie)
This version will have the crotch you se on the first photos. (page 1)
The gauntlets will be different and probalby the back as well.
The chest will have a diamond detail not circle.

I also plan to make two helmets.

New Photo Revealed

OHHHhhh Sweeet lord.. What we do in glassfiber they do in CGI :)
This looks sweet but notice on the elbow ... The armor is made of rubber as i suspected.... the original armor does not look like you se in the photo bellow.. the photo bellow is Cgi rendered... But it looks awsome.

I noticed some areas of the costume... There is a big torn crack on the side of ironman, under the arm side on the chest.. It looks like the material torn. However.... I LOVE IT ANYWAY:love

ironman-08preview-lg.jpg

Re: New Photo Revealed

OHHHhhh Sweeet lord.. What we do in glassfiber they do in CGI :)
This looks sweet but notice on the elbow ... The armor is made of rubber as i suspected.... the original armor does not look like you se in the photo bellow.. the photo bellow is Cgi rendered... But it looks awsome.

I noticed some areas of the costume... There is a big torn crack on the side of ironman, under the arm side on the chest.. It looks like the material torn. However.... I LOVE IT ANYWAY:love

First: this is not the CGI armor, it's the "real" one...

Second: I'm not entirely sure, but I think that the armor is not rubber, except for the inner part of the elbow joint OR (and this could be possible) the "biceps" part of the armor is solid and the lower part that goes from the golden part down to the elbow could be soft... So, two materials for one sigle piece of the armor...

Third, and most important: WE WANT AN UPDATE!:D

Re: New Photo Revealed

First: this is not the CGI armor, it's the "real" one...

Second: I'm not entirely sure, but I think that the armor is not rubber, except for the inner part of the elbow joint OR (and this could be possible) the "biceps" part of the armor is solid and the lower part that goes from the golden part down to the elbow could be soft... So, two materials for one sigle piece of the armor...

Third, and most important: WE WANT AN UPDATE!:D

The movie armor they are usin an actor to film in is a Rubber armor.The detail level of the real movie used armor is not not what you se i this photo. This photo is redone with CGI tecnologi. Allot of the final details are cleaned up and added on the final touch to the screen. This is why he is so flexible in the filming. If the material is hard the actor can not do the scenes propperly.
a real hard armour whould NEVER let the wearer to kneel with this design or stand up. If you seen the shots from behind the scene you will se an different detailed suit. The rubber suit is allot more bulcky and not that much stremlined.

In the movies they dont use hard armor.
They are rubber. I reffer to ridic, gladiator, knights movies and so on. Its a hard rubber based material that is felxible, it keeps it shape and form very well.

Another good example for cgi effect... Predator VS Aliens.
If you seen the costumes they filmed in and the ressult after CGI effect you be suprised.
movie film product VS end movie product is two different worlds.

Last edited:

From this video it's pretty clear the armor is full and real an has only minor CGI on it. It seems the actor can move quite well. And it's definitely made of rubber or he couldn't lay down on the floor.

http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com_xevidmegafx&Itemid=139&func=detail&id=582

I am not saying the armor is not real. Also the armor they wear for the movie does not have as sharp details as the shot i reffered to. That is CGI rendered on top. Try to look at the piston on that photo and the gauntlet on the left side. You can se the details are standing out. Anyway..

Anyway.. I like the armor they use in the movie.
:)

Last edited:

Just wanted to say I have followed this thread since before I was able to become a member on here. Very impreesive work. The gent doing the armor is top talent.

I know I am one among many waiting in anticipation to see this completed. Hats off to you TMP for taking on such an ambitious project.

Yes yes i agree with you, the armor is real and then it is refined with CGI (the piston really stand out for its CGIness!) :)

I have to say i like this better than pure CGI that still looks fake to me.

Your armor is outstanding!

I am not saying the armor is not real. Also the armor they wear for the movie does not have as sharp details as the shot i reffered to. That is CGI rendered on top. Try to look at the piston on that photo and the gauntlet on the left side. You can se the details are standing out.

Re: Iron Man Costume. Update 10.12.07 Update Page 10

Please disregards the colour on the items. They were just done to se how it looks. The final finish will be shining like the movie version. Not to much like chrome. Not metalic but rich red colour with shine and a gold colour sceme.

:)

TMP. Are there 2 differnt groin sections ? the one with the abb plates connected looks differnt from the one that is on its own. Am I looking at that right ?

Again great work. Your designer knows his stuff to be sure.

TMP. Are there 2 differnt groin sections ? the one with the abb plates connected looks differnt from the one that is on its own. Am I looking at that right ?

Again great work. Your designer knows his stuff to be sure.

That is correct. The one shown to the right is the movie version groin. This goes over the midsection armor. We did the midsection armor with the groin detailed so you can chose version.

Like i said before we are maknig two versions in one.

By removing the movie groin you get a more Civil War groin. Then replace the chest with the diamond detailed chest and replace the gauntlets.
I also plan to have two helmets made.

This way the wearer can have one costume with one extra chest, pair og gauntlets and a different helmet and its a totaly different version.

Anyway back to topic and questions. If you go back and look at the photos on page 1 and compare with photos on page 8 notice the different groin details.

The movie groin page 8 is on top of the groin made on page 1. :)

WHO IS GOING TO BREAK 100 POST???

Enjoy :)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back