My Collection - Good ol' fashioned show off thread

Guardian Devil

Sr Member
Finally got down to Ikea and picked up some things I needed to get things up and displayed. Really pleased with how nicely it all came together.
Now..without further stalling for time..here's some pictures.

Little cutaway in the room for dvd's, Serenity cinema banner and the display cases:
Display.jpg

With my Wolverine claws placed on top:
Claws.jpg

Now the shelves:
The two Indiana Jones Displays, just missing Elsa's lighter, Indy's gun and the cross of Coranado (Sp?) then they'll be finished and the display from The Fifth Element
Indy1.jpg
Indy2.jpg
5thelement.jpg

Next set: Daredevil items, my Work in progress full leather cowl, with a resin cast club and the correct Raybans. Still looking for some of Rylos amazing replica canes to finish off that display. Then my two Firefly/Sereity shelves, with a few screenused bits and pieces thrown in there.
DD.jpg
Firefly1.jpg
Firefly2.jpg

And in the other room above my Mal Reynolds display:
BankHeist.jpg

Then my Mogwai, made by the very talented Ronculas. The box I picked up at a local second hand store, sits in there quite nicely. There's an empty shelf next to Gizmo and Mohawk waiting for the Stripe mogwai I'm still hoping to get my hands on at some point.
Gizmo45.jpg
Mohawk.jpg

Now, last but not least the slighty more cluttered shelves at the bottom PitchBlack/COR, Smallville and Misc. A few screen used items mixed in amongst the rubble there.
Riddick.jpg
smallville.jpg
Misc.jpg

I think your collection SUCKS. You should be flogged in public for even showing us your collection.
Unfortunately my other personality thinks your collection is AWESOME. But what the hell does he know :D

NICE.

I especially <3 your Indy, 5th Element, Firefly/Serenity, & PB/CoR swag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all for the kind words :D

agent5 the Idol is one of Indy Magnoli's. Really nice version in my opinion.

:lol Peace Hunter your dominant personality has a point, its all junk. What was I thinking..letting photographic evidence of it get out in public :lol

You own some really cool pieces and with the space you have to work with have done really well.

Gotta ask though...what's with everyone painting their prop room walls blue?? Is there a scientific reason behind it?

:lol I have no idea, I never painted it, I want to do it white, I find that goes really nicely for displays, but it's one of those things I keep telling myself I get around to doing one of these days

Very nice pieces of pretty there... (hey, I recognize a couple of the Firefly pieces.. like how cool is that? :p )

Did you make the Blue Sun sign? Like sticky-som'n over a lightbox or suchlike?

Nice display. I agree, show your Korben pistol off more.

Question:
In the last row of pictures, in the middle picture that shows the Smallville keys and other various pieces... What is the Amber orb from? I'm not a big fan of either film from the Tomb Raider group, but I do really like the map orb from the second film. The amber orb in your case reminds me of it.....

Cheers..

Originally posted by Guardian Devil@Feb 19 2006, 11:47 AM

Little cutaway in the room for dvd's, Serenity cinema banner and the display cases:
Display.jpg

[snapback]1188286[/snapback]​

Ok what is the bright glowing object in this picture as well? At first i thought it was a window... and might well still be one, hehehe... But it looks like there's writing or something there as well....

Originally posted by Aegis159@Feb 20 2006, 11:36 AM
Ok what is the bright glowing object in this picture as well? At first i thought it was a window... and might well still be one, hehehe... But it looks like there's writing or something there as well....
[snapback]1188904[/snapback]​

That's a Blue Sun sign from Firefly/Serenity. Looks real cool, too. :thumbsup

I love all of the little pieces that you've got in each picture. It's cool trying to pick out everything and then getting surprised that there's something even better in the next pic over.

Good assortment of flicks to collect too. I need to expand my horizons a little bit more and pick a couple new films.

Bruce

Yep they sure are Zorg ;) Been two of my favourite items for many years now. It'll be a sad day in my place if those ever had to leave my hands.

:D Yep thats a BlueSun sign up there, got that one and the 'Ball Failure' one from a member over at the old Browncoats forums. They're aluminium and done like road-signs so they have that reflective stuff on them, makes them pretty difficult to photograph :lol

The Korben Dallas gun came from eBay a long time ago, I picked it up cheap, so thought it could sit at the back :lol . It's just solid resin and more than a little warped. I think I need to upgrade at some point :)

The amber coloured orb with the Smallville stuff is just a glass thing from Ikea. I bought it for the same reason, It reminded me of the orb in Tomb Raider, I then unded up seeing one the same in an episode of Smallville (Alicia uses it in the Torch office to break open the Red-K Ring to make the neckace she gives to Clark.) So I just chucked it in with the smallville stuff as its much too small to be the orb from Tomb Raider anyway.

Thanks everyone. Your compliments really mean a lot :)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back