Lets see your Marty McFly costumes!

Dude!! Who is this guy!? His denim jacket is spot-on! The rest of the ensemble looks right too; the Nike Bruins, puffy vest (although I think it might be a touch too red... but the vest color is a whole different thread), the JVC camcorder, even his Shah shirt looks better than most of the reproduction-run I've seen. WHO IS THIS GUY!!?

Really though, his denim jacket is killer.

EDIT: Dangnit... can't tell if the photo is working below (I'm at work... I think flickr is blocked here!) Anyway the photo I'm referring to is just a couple of posts down on page 1. Stellar job, whoever you are!

5193258065_982ccd5426_b.jpg

Last edited:
That guy is ME!......thanks for the compliments on the costume. A lot of work went into making it as accurate as possible. That picture was taken at the Puente Hills Mall where the film was shot. There was a screening in the parking lot last year as part of the "We're going Back" anniversary celebration. If you have any questions on any specifics regarding the costume let me know.

That guy is ME!......thanks for the compliments on the costume. A lot of work went into making it as accurate as possible. That picture was taken at the Puente Hills Mall where the film was shot. There was a screening in the parking lot last year as part of the "We're going Back" anniversary celebration. If you have any questions on any specifics regarding the costume let me know.

Great job on your costume man, it looks awesome! I am particularly curious about your denim jacket and black & white shirt. Where did you get them? They seem spot-on! I've seen just about all of the other pieces available online in various places but those really put your ensemble over the top.

The jacket is a Guess Mariano. It originally had black leather accents on the sleeves and collar. I went to a fabric supply store and bought the correct colored denim and had a tailor swap out the leather. Indy Magnoli sells a pretty accurate jacket. I was able to pick up the cream colored paisley fabric from him for the jacket's lining. The shirt is the run of shai safari's that popped up online a few years back. It's been tailored to fit for a more screen accurate appearance.

wore this to the SCI-FI EXPO couple weeks back. I kinda threw it together. but its a decent base to build on. got to meet alot of the cast.

Less then 24 hours later I wore the outfit long enough to take pictures using the iMac web cam.

Here's one picture I took.

richmcroy.jpg

I worked at a bar last halloween and we had a special Halloween event on the 26th of October. So of course I had to dress as Marty!

Not entirely screen accurate, but it's as close as I could get it in a week. The almanac was in my back pocket and the save the clock tower was in my shirt, I gave it to some guy who shouted "HEY MCFLY!" to me at the bar.

All I have is a few props rather than a full costume. I do have MAGs, a Hover Board and NIKE FOOTWEAR tube bag (none of which are 100% accurate).
529106_10151763056063841_415617380_n.jpg

600814_10151763056663841_894465313_n.jpg

1150191_10151806210893841_712586016_n.jpg

I am working on a more accurate version of the FOOTWEAR tube bag.

All I have is a few props rather than a full costume. I do have MAGs, a Hover Board and NIKE FOOTWEAR tube bag (none of which are 100% accurate).
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/529106_10151763056063841_415617380_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/600814_10151763056663841_894465313_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1150191_10151806210893841_712586016_n.jpg
I am working on a more accurate version of the FOOTWEAR tube bag.

I'm loving the tube...where you get that at?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back