Lets see your Marty McFly costumes!

photostream

Here is my Marty, been putting this together for some time. I tried to get it as accurate as possible, without breaking the bank, and with what was available online and in some second hand shops I have been visiting.

Parts so Far...
80s Guess 2 tone jacket (not accurate)
80s Guess Jeans (close a bit large)
Vintage Red puffer vest (did some mods around the collar)
Nike Tennis knock-off sneakers size 12 (close to bruins)
Checkered Shirt (long sleeve, but pattern is close to the Sha Safari one)
Black suspenders
Old style headphones
Red Velcro Wallet
My Replica Valterra Skateboard
Red JVC VHS-C GR40 (newer and smaller than the actual JVC GR-C1)
Aviator Sunglasses
Casio CA-53W Calculator watch
Red Undershirt (waiting on a Maroon one)
Guitar Pin (mine's actually a bass)
Art in Revolution button (Zazzle)
My own Boomerang pin interpretation
Various Paper props from here and disappearing photos

Still Need:
The Aiwa HS-P02 MK II Walkman

I managed to get a Valterra Gargoyle skateboard from the 80s that was in pretty bad shape. I replaced all the hardware, removed the rails, and made my own decals for the top and bottom that are pretty close to the Valterra Madrid version in the movie. The image was a combination of screenshots and other photos online of the style, reworked in Photoshop. I did it with photo paper and lamination, but I am not happy with it. Waiting on a decal shop that is printing me a vinyl decal of my image, that is laminated and self stick to replace it.

bttf-01.jpg

bttf-02.jpg

bttf-03.jpg

bttf-04.jpg

The sneakers are white leather Nike tennis shoes that are a little darker red (varsity red I think), and I am sure they are knock off Nikes. They are the closest I could find for under $50, and they fit.

bttf-05.jpg

These are the pins including my stab at the boomerang pin.

bttf-09.jpg

The jacket is not at all accurate but it is guess, vintage, and two tone. I am planning to get some paisley fabric for the sleeves. and I may turn the long sleeve shirt into a short sleeve one. The puffer vest is vintage and actually pretty close, but I had to adjust the collar to make it more like the movie version. Thanks for all the great resources, that helped me put this together as accurately as possible. Here are some action shots as well, any feedback or suggestions would be great.

bttf-06.jpg

bttf-07.jpg

bttf-08.jpg

bttf-10.jpg

PS: I am also working on putting together a Jennifer Parker for my wife, I have that 70% together, but with no screen accurate parts. She is not as picky as me, and just wanted the general look so we would go together at Halloween. I'll share some shots once that is complete next week.

Here is my Marty, been putting this together for some time. I tried to get it as accurate as possible, without breaking the bank, and with what was available online and in some second hand shops I have been visiting.

Parts so Far...
80s Guess 2 tone jacket (not accurate)
80s Guess Jeans (close a bit large)
Vintage Red puffer vest (did some mods around the collar)
Nike Tennis knock-off sneakers size 12 (close to bruins)
Checkered Shirt (long sleeve, but pattern is close to the Sha Safari one)
Black suspenders
Old style headphones
Red Velcro Wallet
My Replica Valterra Skateboard
Red JVC VHS-C GR40 (newer and smaller than the actual JVC GR-C1)
Aviator Sunglasses
Casio CA-53W Calculator watch
Red Undershirt (waiting on a Maroon one)
Guitar Pin (mine's actually a bass)
Art in Revolution button (Zazzle)
My own Boomerang pin interpretation
Various Paper props from here and disappearing photos

Still Need:
The Aiwa HS-P02 MK II Walkman

I managed to get a Valterra Gargoyle skateboard from the 80s that was in pretty bad shape. I replaced all the hardware, removed the rails, and made my own decals for the top and bottom that are pretty close to the Valterra Madrid version in the movie. The image was a combination of screenshots and other photos online of the style, reworked in Photoshop. I did it with photo paper and lamination, but I am not happy with it. Waiting on a decal shop that is printing me a vinyl decal of my image, that is laminated and self stick to replace it.

bttf-01.jpg

bttf-02.jpg

bttf-03.jpg

bttf-04.jpg

The sneakers are white leather Nike tennis shoes that are a little darker red (varsity red I think), and I am sure they are knock off Nikes. They are the closest I could find for under $50, and they fit.

bttf-05.jpg

These are the pins including my stab at the boomerang pin.

bttf-09.jpg

The jacket is not at all accurate but it is guess, vintage, and two tone. I am planning to get some paisley fabric for the sleeves. and I may turn the long sleeve shirt into a short sleeve one. The puffer vest is vintage and actually pretty close, but I had to adjust the collar to make it more like the movie version. Thanks for all the great resources, that helped me put this together as accurately as possible. Here are some action shots as well, any feedback or suggestions would be great.

bttf-06.jpg

bttf-07.jpg

bttf-08.jpg

bttf-10.jpg

PS: I am also working on putting together a Jennifer Parker for my wife, I have that 70% together, but with no screen accurate parts. She is not as picky as me, and just wanted the general look so we would go together at Halloween. I'll share some shots once that is complete next week.

it is a great costume, but I feel that the jeans aren't tight enough. You should look into Levis super skinny.

CureMode... awesome costume!! Any advice on the following parts...?
m looking to finish up my costume, though I wont have everything that I need and it wont really be that accurate.

What I need:

Denim jacket - guess I'll try some thrift stores

art in revolution pin - zazzle?

boomerang pin

Checkered shirt

Any help would be appreciated!!

For the boomerang pin i'm taking a storage bin lid and using an xacto knife to cut and a paint marker or plain acrylic paint to color it

Denim jacket - guess I'll try some thrift stores
Got mine on ebay, its a two tone guess jacket, not accurate but same vintage.

art in revolution pin - zazzle?
They have it on Zazzle

boomerang pin
Gotta make your own, the actual one was an Ear ring.

Checkered shirt
I found a long sleeve dress shirt with a similar checked design. You could also buy the short sleeve Shah Safari one, that some folks were offering for $100+

All the paper items are here on the RPF...

I found the art in rev. pin on a different site.

Still searching for a decent jean jacket

Looking at buying the actual shirt, we'll see.

I also got all the paper stuff as well

thanks

i couldn't find the art revolution pin on any site. Zazzle didn't seem to have it when i searched, so I custom ordered it off the site.
I'm just using a levis jacket even though it's not close, but it's something i'll wear daily unlike an 80s guess jacket.
The closest I could get to the bruins were Nike All Court in the same color scheme. The main difference in the shoe is it's canvas and has a rubber toe like chucks.
I found the JVC camera on ebay for just over 100 but out of my budget. But i have an old camcorder that i'll actually to record a halloween party.
If anyone is looking for the backpack, eastpak still makes it. Here's it on ebay, kinda pricey and its from hong kong
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Here are some updated shots with my wife's Jennifer costume, some new shots of the board with a vinyl decal I had made from my photoshop image, and the paisley fabric I found sewn into the sleeves. The fabric is not accurate but its better then using the shirt sleeves. The last two shots were at NY Comic Con over the weekend with my buddies from the 501st Legion. I wore the Marty and my 501st Emperor, as well as my Rebel Legion Luke X-Wing and ROTJ. I also got some great shots with a BTTF DeLorean there (which is why I brought that costume with me), still waiting for those photos.

bttf20.jpg

bttf21.jpg

bttf23.jpg

bttf24.jpg

bttf25.jpg

bttf26.jpg

bttf27.jpg

Did this a few years ago for Halloween and conventions, though I tend not to wear it to many cons (unless i know for sure that a deLorean will be there) cuz its so hot with all the layers on.

martystu4.jpg

BTTFstu.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back