Lets see your Marty McFly costumes!

After 12 months of putting all the pieces together its finally done just in time for the 25th anniversary.

So here it is Marty Mcfly 1985
PB040447.jpg

PB040451.jpg

And before anyone asked no the vest is not red in the movie. it has been one of the long running debates with fans and after seeing it clear on the big screen there is no doubt that its burnt orange.

20100908-194027.jpg

PB040456.jpg

Also some that ive never seen on anyone elses marty costume is all three of the badges he wears. lots of people have the art in revolution badge but me being me had to have the black and gibson guitar brooch and the other that no one knows what it is so i just made it myself.

smallmandj.jpg

PB040457.jpg

Also rare is the two tune jacket with spot on lining.

PB040458.jpg

And of course the checked shirt made by shah safari the same copany that made them for the film only avalible on the bttf forum after two fans got in contact with them and got them to make a limited run and i was lucky enough to get one.

PB040467.jpg

Vintage 1984 nike bruins probably the hardest thing to get hold of but after a long search on ebay finally got them.

20100908-191206.jpg

Now for the added extras
PB040459.jpg

Vintage Aiwa walkman from the 1980s.

20100908-225740.jpg

PB040460.jpg

Which has to have the edward van halen tape in it.

20100908-225726.jpg

PB040464.jpg

Martys wallet

20100908-194623.jpg

DRIVINGLICENCEFINAL2.jpg

which holds his drivers licence.

PB040465.jpg

and the photo of his brother and sister

20100908-194634.jpg

PB040466.jpg

i also carry all the verisons of the photo seen in the film.

PB040463.jpg

and last but not least the save the clock tower flyer.

See you in the future..................or maybe the past.

Great costume emhmark2. Some inaccuracies you should be aware of. Too many buttons on the vest. There is a button on each seam of the puffs in the film. The vest is red. During filming of the 50s scenes the production used yellowing overlays on the lighting. To give it that warm feeling. This accounts for the discoloration of the vest. Watch the mall scene to get a more accurate representation of the color. Since the 80s stuff was shot without the overlays on the lights. Magnoli's jacket is good, although Fox's is gray and navy. Jeans are off. The bruins are incorrect. If you notice your screencap there is a piece of fabric that runs over the toe portion of the shoe. The watch should be a CA-50 the CA-53 was used in the sequels. Fox had gray socks in the original, and white in the sequels. I'm a stickler for detail and accuracy. Check a couple posts back for a look at my Mcfly '85. Not 100% but I'll get there. Oh and get that flier printed on blue paper.

Cheers dhennick99
Like you i want mine to as accurite as posilbe i know that magnoli has the better jacket but i dont have the magnoli money at the minute, but one day. as for the other bits of my costume if you have any links to where you got yours from that would great and i you could send me all the info you have on the costume that would be great too
cheers
lee

mcflys3.jpg

The Jacket is inaccurate, the shirt is off (However, it IS a Shah Safari), the vest is a burnt orange JC Penney St. John's Bay Puffer Vest (actual color is called "Pumpkin Spice"). I found that you have to get the vest 1 size larger than you normally would wear to get it to hang on your body in a screen accurate way . I am currently looking at getting vintage Guess blue jeans. Yes, I am wearing a crimson undershirt but it doesn't show too well. I hope u enjoy.

Scott

Last edited:
Thank you so much Risu! That is a very kind thing to do and I look forward to taking you up on it as soon as I can. Also, I would love to see more costumes if other folks out here have them. :)

I cant believe the jc pennys vest was so cheap i just ordered one i couldn't resist i bout some of the newer "air bruens" a while back not quite the real thing but with some white filler to cover the air bubble it was close enough for me.

All great. I am always waiting for a screen accurate 2015 costume. I will be close in a few weeks but also MILES away on screen accurate. That jacket is a real white whale.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back