1/4 scale Stormtrooper sculpt

natty15d

latest update.

please ignore the rubber band. its just there to hold the back pieces on for the photos.

the dome splits in 4 and the back splits in 2. This is so that once i am happy with the shapes & i have matched the profiles of the plastic formers, i can remove the sections, trim back the plastic formers, re-attach the sections and use bondo to fill in the gaps.

the areas with pencil hatching need more bondo added, there will be more but those are the worst areas

added the cheek details, a quick sand and a blast of primer.

still alot of work to do but im happy with the shapes now

Nathan

Lee

no timescale for now, and as for the pose im hoping itll be on a posable figure ;)

thats looking great i hope you will be casting this when its done as i would love one i have one of the old screamin 1:4 kits but the sculpting was so inaccurate keep up the good work :)

finished the faceplate for now, just a couple of very minor tweaks to do to it.

starting on the rest of the helmet now.

the bondo pieces i made earlier have been reglued in place and the plastic guides i used for the profiles have been trimmed back so that i can bondo the joins.

added in an arty shadow shot but as usual its a bit blurry due to lack of light

face plate has had the side tubes thinned very slightly and i reworked the rear section of the helmet.
the dome has been tweaked and the indents added.
i have also started on the microphones for the chin.
all being well ill start the ears tonight
adding in the wonkyness of the original helmets has been fun, it would have been so much easier to make the 1/4 scale version uniform but then it just wouldnt look right.

That's amazing. I just found this thread. Could you include a ruler or something for size reference.

I'm looking forward to seeing the ear progress.

ear you go, latest update :wacko
worked on the ears again last night and gave them a blast of undercoat, they need to be tweaked slightly and the disks softened.
Also need to add the raised detail to the disks.
Also found a really neat way to replicate the rubber trim for the brow and it can be moved to have hero or stunt versions.

added a movable rubber trim
finished the ears, well almost, just to blend in the centre ear detail and finish off the screw detail on the opposite ear.
puttied, sanded and smoothed out the helmet
molded the microphone tips, drilled them out and added scale mesh. the tips are just pushed in place for the photo

absolutely amazing! impressive work. I know this is 1/4 scale, but do you have anything to compare it against and what is your intention on the piece?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back