Super Mario Bros. meteorite necklace

It is indeed a shame that the cast doesn't tend to reflect back too fondly on the film, but I think the biggest part of that reason was because of the chaotic, confusing lack of direction they were receiving. The cast actually had fun while they were shooting it, but from an acting standpoint, they didn't have the most optimal actor-director relationship that I think a lot of them were used to. Over time, the cast has at least started talking about the film, some memories being fond, but they're also frank about the film's problems as well, whereas in the past, they've never wanted to even discuss it.

People who were part of the crew actually have quite a different take on the film because it gave a lot of them a great start in the industry or it was the largest production some of them had ever worked on. I mean, the film actually had a pretty large scale to it when you look at the variety of sets and how large some of them were, in addition to the quite creative production design. I look at the film as also sort of being the end of the 80s/early-90s type of filmmaking where they weren't afraid to build massive sets and they continued to push the boundaries of practical effects before CG took over.

Overall, I still look at the film as being a lot of fun and great example of the large scale big budget films from that era had.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back