Real Hovering Jedi Training Remote: FINISHED!

Re: Real Floating Jedi Training Remote 2.0: 10 YEARS LATER!

Got a link to your Etsy listing?
Cheers.

etsy store name is TrooperTrent
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TrooperTrent
but the listing will only show when it's "in stock" meaning I renew it because i'm ready to make another one. I wish you could leave out of stock items visible so people could still see it, but I don't think you can. you can see it by looking at my sales I think.

etsy store name is TrooperTrent
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TrooperTrent
but the listing will only show when it's "in stock" meaning I renew it because i'm ready to make another one. I wish you could leave out of stock items visible so people could still see it, but I don't think you can. you can see it by looking at my sales I think.

Right you are. Interestingly, tapping “sales” on the Etsy app does nothing. But works on their mobile site.

PM incoming. [emoji4][emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Missed it!

Loved the video.

So, I have an MR prototype Training Remote, unassembled. I’d still rather have yours! Such a great item. Added your Etsy shop as a favorite so I can get closer to getting one next time.

It is awesome. I also have the MR, & I love it.... but with every video, it's getting harder & harder to pass up the chance for a massive upgrade :love
Congrats to those who are lucky enough to get one.

I the next build is finished and ready to go out to it’s new owner! I’m going to stock up on parts and materials and a couple of new tools and I’ll be posting another listing on Etsy for #004

8e77444bdb5c1368a8af05c255b18290.jpg

ba110fd5deed6555c0e02927740052e1.jpg

69efd6f5e91356c7907ff6122adddee5.jpg

3a98ee321b0bdaf55b8229fe94900670.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have considered it. Several people asked that same question in Halliwax's review thread. Honestly, if you want to make one, there are kits around. People sell the model castings and the rest of it is sheet styrene and a 6" plastruct sphere. I don't really have any interest in pumping out kits at this time as I do not need the money and would not enjoy just running the printer non stop and assembling kits. I really am only doing it because I enjoy the process of building something really cool for someone. It's a unique idea and it's the experience of doing them one at a time as a craft, providing updates and progress pics to the buyer, seeing them get excited, and getting their feedback on options, weathering, etc. that I want to stay focused on for now. Maybe eventually I'll offer a kit. But like I said in the other thread it's almost just as much work to put a kit together with all the parts, prepped, organized, bagged, do up instructions (actually very necessary after having done several of these) and then having to deal with replacement parts when someone messes up their kit, etc.

Last edited:
Color me impressed. Wow. The professionalism of not only the product, but the packaging, too! Impressive, most impressive!

trent,
is it the sphere itself that floats above the base or is there something inside?

I hear what you're saying about not wanting to get into kits etc but i think many people would be interested in a set of 3d printed greeblies for even a nonlevitating training remote. as far as i'm aware, no one has made that available yet.

I just found this thread and am SO impressed with the builds. Classy base too! :)

You mentioned updating your printer recently - what kind of DLP printer did you get? The results here and in the Erso key thread look really nice.

I have a base that will work for this project but can't seem to upload pictures.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back