Real Hovering Jedi Training Remote: FINISHED!

Ok, watch scotts video . Whilst he's talking and the vid is playing ...stare at the spinning training globe for a minute or so ...then look down at the base he's painted ....it starts to move also ...excellent optical illusion .... try it .

Number 8 is all ready to go out in the morning! Super happy with how it turned out.
9a06c55870aea72c32fc8939d49a71db.jpg

6a824549f59dc4e539b3681417c84f7d.jpg

e470fad1db31b8844ee874140f9106b2.jpg

fc357a6c78ee0bc6c8db88ac18164d54.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This is certainly the nicest base you've shown us to date, so much so it almost distracts from the remote itself. Incredible.

Ah I posted a question about that literally on your other thread, would the magnet lift from an inverted bottle cap etc?

no.

the base needs to set itself before adding the remote (like a scale needs to tare before adding weight) so putting it there, hoping it's the absolute perfect x,y,z position and then just plugging it in would surely be a disaster. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

This is certainly the nicest base you've shown us to date, so much so it almost distracts from the remote itself. Incredible.

I may start offering base customizations as part of the process for an additional charge. I have some really cool ideas for adding paneling and greeblies to the base and some other members have come to me with some other really cool ideas. I'll let them post the final results when they're done, if they want. ;)

Balancing / floating tutorial in case any of you are still struggling. It takes practice. Be patient with yourself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3G-rmh52y8

Trent you got that down to a science now!

The ice cream cone shaped with the force is a perfect description of it!

U can really feel the funnel shape going down to the base

These are phenomenal! It’s like a freak’n mirror imagine of the real deal. The base has such a Jedi temple feel to it, looks like it belongs in one of the halls of the temple!!

Keep up the great work man, these are legendary!

You could also put a piece of saran wrap over the base as another precaution while you are placing it on the base.

The square base always spins clockwise. You can give it a spin clockwise but over time it will slow down and go back to clockwise.

You could also put a piece of saran wrap over the base as another precaution while you are placing it on the base.

The square base always spins clockwise. You can give it a spin clockwise but over time it will slow down and go back to clockwise.

That's so weird that you say that. Another square base I worked on spun counterclockwise for days and would only spin clockwise for about half an hour. I wonder if it has anything to do with the switch under the base that seems to control the base lights.... interesting.

Re: Real Floating Jedi Training Remote 2.0: 10 YEARS LATER!

Any advice on where and what battery back up to buy? I would like to grab one for my setup as well

Never can be too safe

I'd do amazon. I got mine originally from best buy, years ago, it's an APC brand, but it depends on your budget. I used to use mine with computers, as it was a real PITA to be working and have the power go out and lose everything. But as the power supply on my mac tower was so hefty the one couldn't cope so I stopped using it. Now they just need new batteries.

they range in price based on what you need it to do: https://www.amazon.com/s?url=search...refix=app+battery+,aps,236&crid=3DNELIDSLB24N

Re: Real Floating Jedi Training Remote 2.0: 10 YEARS LATER!

I'd do amazon. I got mine originally from best buy, years ago, it's an APC brand, but it depends on your budget. I used to use mine with computers, as it was a real PITA to be working and have the power go out and lose everything. But as the power supply on my mac tower was so hefty the one couldn't cope so I stopped using it. Now they just need new batteries.

they range in price based on what you need it to do: https://www.amazon.com/s?url=search...refix=app+battery+,aps,236&crid=3DNELIDSLB24N

Awesome Scott thank you!!

#009 is out the door!

We are now in the double digits LOL. Thanks for all the support, guys. This is a lot of fun to make these for you guys. I really enjoy getting to spend time with each of you, talking through the various steps, learning more about the prop, "seeing" your digital faces light up when I post progress pics. It's just as fun for me to share these with you as it is for you to get them I guarantee it.

Best,
Trent

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back